Part Three

Max’s POV

I can’t believe me and Rheanna ended up going to a gay bar. I never thought I would find myself in one of them, but I suppose it was a laugh. I never really noticed it before, but Rheanna is a lot of fun. I can see why her and Nathan were such good friends, he likes to do stupid things as well. I smile to myself as we make our way into another club.

As soon as we get inside, I can smell the strong scent of alcohol and sweat. I grab hold of Rheanna’s hand and I drag her though the crowd, until we get to the bar. I set her free and she sits down at the bar. I start to walk over to her, but before I reach her, my eyes are drawn to someone else, someone at the other end of the bar. I look at Rheanna who seems to be quite happily talking to the barman. I shrug, before walking off towards the other girl. She has brown hair and the most amazing, green eyes.

“Hey” I say, with the biggest grin on my face. I sit down on the stool next to where she’s standing. She then sits down next to me.

“Hi” she says, with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

“So what brings you here, other than pointless drinking and grinding down strangers?” I ask her, to which to laughs.

“This isn’t really my thing, if I’m honest. It’s just my friend’s birthday" she tells me, as she brushes her hair out of her eyes and then smiles.

“That’s kind of what happened to me” I tell her, as I glance back at Rheanna, who is now sitting with some blonde guy. “So can I buy you a drink?” I ask her.

“I was actually about to leave” she tells me, as she looks down at the floor.

“Well it’s a horrible world out there; do you want me to walk you home?” I ask her.

“If you’re sure” she says, with a smile.

“Of course I am” I tell her, as I stand up. I take one last look at Rheanna, who looks like she’s having a great time with the other guy. I then make my way out of the club with the girl following behind me. Once I get outside the cool air pricks at my bare skin, as I’m about to put my coat on, I notice that the girl is shivering.

“Here” I say, as I wrap my coat around her.

“Thanks” she says, with a smile.

“So, is your name as pretty as your face?” I ask her, as we start to walk off down the street.

“Oh god, what rubbish chat up line” she laughs.

“Sorry, it’s all I’ve got, I’m afraid” I catch onto her beautiful, infectious laugh.

"It's Rach" she says, as she stops laughing at me and turns her head to face me.

"Max" I say, as I shake her hand.

“I swear I’ve seen you somewhere before” she says, as she squints at me for a second.

“I don’t know, but I know I’ve seen you before” I tell her.

“Really? Where, in your dreams?” she asks me, whilst rolling her eyes and turning her head to face the path again.

“Nope, staring through your window” I tell her, as we continue to walk.

“You wish” she winks.

“I’m just kidding. I’m in a boy band” I tell her, trying not to sound like I’m bragging.

“Oh yeah” she says, sarcastically.

“No, seriously, I’m out of The Wanted” I tell her. She stares at me for a second and then I see the realisation hit her face.