Chapter 49 - Meant To Be

Hey guys I don't normally do this, but I'm going to recommend a song to listen to for this chapter.

{The song goes with the chapter and the authors note (: }

Chapter song: Meant To Be by Parachute

Amara's POV

I sighed and just stared at Cameron as he continued down the hall. Everyone's eyes instantly hit mine. I avoided their contact and looked down at my lap then shook my head. Using the little strength I had, I attempted to stand up. Gilinsky ended up running over to me and helping.

"I got you," he mumbled as he grabbed my arm and lifted me up. Jack did it with such ease; which later reminded me I should probably have gained weight.

"Thank you," I smiled as he let go. I firmly rested my feet on the ground hoping I wouldn't topple over any second.

"Need any more help?" He asked reassuring me. I shook my head, but I was still unsure if I could walk straight. I was out if breath by just standing up.

Matt stood up and spoke: "Well we should probably go find Cam at the pizzeria."

Everyone agreed in their own unique way; a few grunts, a few 'yeah's, and some of the boys just stood up.

With an already steady going conversation, Taylor, Aaron and the Jacks walked out of the room laughing as loud as possible. Matt walked out with Carter, Hayes, and Shawn trailing behind. It was like they were his slaves.

After I caught my breath from standing up, I started to walk to the door. I noticed Nash stood by the door waiting for me to go in front of him. I took his offer and slowly made my way past him.

Just as I was about to step out of the doorway, Nash firmly grabbed my upper arm and yanked me backwards. This abundance of events caused me to fall and lose balance. But, Nash caught me before I touched the floor.

"What was that for?" I asked rather loudly. I wasn't exactly in the best mood; considering Cameron just walked out on me.

Nash opened his mouth preparing do say words, but nothing came out. He fumbled with ideas in his head to come up with some rather stupid lie, I assumed. "I just-" He stopped not knowing if he should continue.

I gave him a simple facial expression saying that I was waiting. His eyes ventured towards the ceiling and a small puff of air escaped his mouth.

Instead of continuing with words, he looked down at me meeting my eyes. Nash studied my eyes as if he was preparing for a test. Without even taking note, I did the same. His pale blue eyes were captured by an indigo ring. Before I could even distinguish the shape of the one sparkle that hit his eye, he leaned down towards me and placed his lips on mine.

In the heat of the moment I didn't know what to do.

As he pulled away - his eyes filled with lust - a small smile encumbered his face. I quickly realized what happened then backed away into the door. I looked at Nash in horror.

"I'm so sorry - I - I didn't mean to, Amara I swear!" Nash panicked.

Instead of responding, I just ran out of the hotel room. At this point my mind was running with thoughts. I kept wondering why Nash would do such a thing; even after the conversation I had with him at the hospital.