Chapter 9 - Intoxicated

Amara's POV

Cameron held me in his arms tight so I wouldn't escape. He was staring off in the distance and looking at a group of guys walking near the pond. One of them looked familiar but I wasn't positive because they were so far away.

I looked over at Cameron, his eyes locked on the guys. "Cameron who are they?" I asked a little concerned.

He snapped out of the stare and looked at me. "I'm not positive."

"Then why are you staring at them?" I chuckled.

"I don't know." He said looking at me with his adorable brown eyes. I felt as if he could control me; he could tell me anything and I would fall for it.

Suddenly a voice came from behind Cameron. "Cameron what are you doing?"

Cameron quickly turned around and I recognized the face. It was Matt, my ex-boyfriend from when we were freshman, and his friends Carter and Taylor.

"I'm hanging out with my girlfriend, you?" I felt so protected when he said that.

Matt looked at me then at Cameron. "Well I came to talk to my ex-girlfriend, but it looks like I'll do that later." Matt turned around and stopped. "I'm having a party at my house tonight, you two should come." Then he walked away.

Cameron was still squeezing my hand as he walked away. He looked at me, "We're going to that party just so I can beat his ass."

"Cameron please don't do that." I told him.

"He obviously wanted to get in bed with you!" He raised his voice. A tear slipped out my eye. "Amara, no I'm sorry." Cameron almost never raised his voice at me, unless it was sarcastic. This was clearly not.

Cameron hugged me causing me to calm down. "Can we go to the party?" I asked him.

He looked at me with great concern. "I don't care, as long as you stay away from Matt, Taylor and Carter."

"I promise." I told him.

Cameron grabbed my hand to help me up. He then folded the blanket and threw it back under his left arm. Our hands intertwined as we walked back to my house.

"What are you going to wear?" Cameron asked me with his eyes scanning my body.

I shrugged. "Probably a dress."

Cameron's eyes lit up. "I'm excited."

I laughed as he opened my front door for me. I run upstairs and Cameron followed. I opened my closet and found a turquoise dress that was flowy. I held it up for Cameron and he nodded agreeing it was perfect.

I took off my shirt and jeans, leaving me in my underwear and bra. Cameron was to busy on his phone to notice. I slipped the dress over my head. "Cameron can you tie the back?"

His face came out from his phone. "Yeah sure." He stood up and walked over to me. Cameron's hands grabbed the ties that were hanging by the sides of my dress. He gently tied the strings and gave me a hug when he was done. "You're beautiful."

I blushed and smiled then went to the bathroom and plugged in my curling wand. Cameron came up behind me again. "What do you want?" I asked.

"Can I try?" He asked pointing at my curling wand.

"Sure." I said willing to let him ruin my hair. Cameron picked up my curling wand and a chunk of hair. He wrapped my hair around the wand and held it for a second then dropped my hair, which creating a perfect curl. "Wow. I'm impressed."

He smiled. "Shit!" He quickly yelled.

"What?" I questioned.

"I burnt myself." Cameron held his hand under the now running faucet.

"Let me see." I said. He held his hand up in front of me. His palm contained a long red mark. I lightly touched it and he winced. "Sorry. Let me go get an ice pack for it." I ran downstairs and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a plastic bag and a towel. I quickly went to the freezer and put ice in the bag. As I ran upstairs I zipped the bag shut and wrapped the towel around it. "Here." I said giving the ice to Cameron.

"Thanks." He said with a smile on his face. "Now I know the trouble girls go through."

I laughed. "Can I see your hand again?" He took the ice off and showed me his palm. The line was a little more prominent than before. I kissed his palm. "You'll be okay. Now, I'm going to go finish my hair." Cameron laughed.

After about 10 minutes I came out of the bathroom with perfect waves. My make-up was mascara, winged eyeliner, and foundation; far more than what I normally wear.

"Wow." Cameron exclaimed as I walked out.

I blushed. "You look 'wow' too."

"I didn't change."

"I know." I laughed. "Can you hand me my black converse?" I pointed to my shoe pile near my closet.

"Here." He gave them to me. I slipped them on over my feet. Cameron put his hand out. "My lady." I giggled and intertwined our fingers together.

---

"Alright. If you get near Matt-"

"Cameron. I won't. I'll be with you the whole time." I smiled. Cameron opened the door and we were instantly blasted with loud dance music and red solo cups. We were both pulled into Matt's house by random strangers who split us apart. I looked up at the person who took me from Cameron, it was Taylor. "Uhmm I have to go..." I tried walking away but Taylor put his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him.

"You're not going anywhere." Taylor's breath smelled of alcohol. He leaned in and kissed my lips.

"Stop!" I pulled away.

"But how can I resist a pretty girl like you?" He asked me then kissed me again. I regret coming here.

I pulled away for the second time. "Can you stop?"

"Nope."

"Fine." I took my knee and hit him in the crotch. "That's what you get." Taylor's cry of pain made the party get quiet. I ignored it and set out to find Cameron.

I slithered between people trying to see a familiar body. I felt someone grab my arm. I turned around. "Camer-Matt?"

"Hey baby." He was clearly intoxicated too.

"Uh can you let go of my arm?" I asked politely not wanting to knee another guy in the crotch. He opened his mouth to answer but instead he came closer and hugged me. "Uhh." I was confused. His hand went lower to my butt and lower to the hem of my dress. "Yeah no." I grabbed his hands and pulled them off of me.

I quickly ran away once I was off of his grip. I saw a circle of people gather in the center of the living room. I pushed my way through the people to see what was so important. When I got there I nearly cried.

On the ground were about seven red cups and as I glanced up, there was a girl and Cameron. They were practically having sex in public. Tears were falling out of my eyes. "Cameron!" I yelled.

He looked over at me and stopped, then he came over yo me and played with my hair. "I'm so sorry baby."

"No." I told him. "We're through. I knew this wouldn't work out."

Cameron backed away with his hands up. "I'm sorry."

I turned around and walked away from him and the party.

The worst part about this whole situation was that Cameron wasn't even intoxicated.

A/N: Well. Yeah. Matt Espinosa, Mr Carterr and Taylor Caniff. I absolutely have no hate towards any of them. They were the first ones that popped up in mind. And thank you for 2K! This is surprisingly long for today.

Since school is starting up again, don't expect daily updates or even weekly.

Follow me on:

Twitter: @paintingmendes

Instagram: @shaynaxobailey

Pheed: @shaynaxobailey

Vine: Shayna Bailey

Kik: shaynabailey

Püma