Chapter 8 - Yes

Cameron's POV

Amara stood there astonished. "Are you going to answer me?" I asked a little worried.

She was still motionless as she was trapped in a whirlpool of thoughts. Amara finally looked as if she snapped out of the commotion in her brain. "Yes." She quickly replied.

It took me awhile to fully process that I got the answer to the dream I've had for a year. A bonus was it was exactly as I hoped it would be. "Really?" I asked to make sure. "You'll be my girlfriend?"

She nodded and smiled. "Of course. I just don't want it to ruin our friendship."

"Yeah. I don't want that to happen." I said a little worried. "How about we go have a picnic?" I offered.

Amara nodded. "I'd love to."

"Great." I smiled. "Do you have a blanket and a basket?"

"Yeah, they're both in the tall cupboard." She laughed.

"That's perfect." I opened my arms again and she jumped in them. I lifted her up by the waist to reach the picnic items. Amara grabbed them and set them on the counter as I helped her down. She landed right in front of me and I couldn't help but kiss her. I licked her bottom lip begging for an entrance into her sweet tasting mouth. She accepted. Our tongues were in war fighting over dominance, I eventually won.

She pulled away breathing heavy. "That was amazing."

"I know." I replied with a peck on her lips.

Amara smiled. "Well we have the picnic stuff..." I started to space out and just stare at her features. Her long brown wavy hair trailed down a couple inches below her breasts, her hazel eyes so focused on mine as she was talking, her plump pink lips formed in the shape of a smile. "You're not listening are you?"

I snapped out of space. "What?"

Amara laughed. "That's what I thought." I blushed. "What kind of food do you want to bring?"

"How about we just lay in the park together. I'm not that hungry anyway."

"Me either. So just the blanket?" She asked. I nodded.

I grabbed the blanket and put it under my left arm and held my right out for Amara. She put her hand on top of mine and we intertwined our fingers. I walked her outside to her front porch. "You ready?" I asked and she nodded.

I guided her to the park that was about a five minutes walk from her house. When we arrived there were dandelions covering the grass and little children playing with the ducks at the pond.

Amara took the blanket out from under my arm and layed it down in shade under a tree. She sat down very delicately and patted next to her, indicating I should sit down.

I sat down and held her hand in mine and.I looked into her gorgeous eyes. "I know we just started dating today, but I love you."

Amara blushed. "Cameron," I melted as she said my name. "I love you too."

My eyes widened in surprise. She actually said it back. "I-I'm sorry what?" I asked wanting to hear her say it again.

"I love you." She smiled kissing my cheek.

"I know." I said back pecking her lips.

A/N: This is one of two possible updates today, so thats why its short. Thank you for almost 2K reads!

Follow me on:

Twitter: @paintingmendes

Instagram: @shaynaxobailey

Pheed: @shaynaxobailey

Vine: Shayna Bailey

Kik: shaynabailey

Püma