Chapter 46 - Know

Amara's POV

"Yes," a small breath escaped from Nash's lips. I looked at Cameron expecting a nonchalant reaction.

"Nash!" Cameron screamed at the top of his lungs. Nash's eyes popped out of his head, and simultaneously he hid into his shell.

I on the other hand started to mistakingly laugh. Cameron and Nash's gaze snapped to my eyes. I stopped quickly. "What?" I asked with a smile. "Is this nothing new?"

"What?" They both questioned in unison.

"Are you stupid?" I shot a serious look. They looked at each other and came back to me. "I'm assuming that's a yes."

"What? What are you trying to get at?" Cameron inquired still aggravated.

"Cameron, I thought you knew Nash liked me. Isn't that why you guys had periodic fights? Isn't that why he's here? He cares, too," I stared into Nash's eyes, the blue orbs melting me; the black pupils filled with gratitude.

"W-well," Cameron stuttered.

"Don't deny something I know is true," I snapped while cutting him off.

"Nash, as much as I appreciate you being my friend - and I can absolutely promise you that I am trying my hardest not to frendzone you - I do not like you in that way. As you just found out, Cameron and I are taking our relationship farther," I took a breath. "I don't want you to feel hurt. You have made glorious efforts to try to win me over and I did take them into account. I appreciate the hard work. One day you will meet a girl who will be way better than me, who will appreciate the things you do, the ways you have taken yourself in the wonderful life you were given. You will find her and I promise you, you will."

By the time I ended my speech, I myself was in tears. I have never in my life spoken so delicately or made the words flow in such a way. Cameron, just by his expression, could agree with me in every way. His jaw was propped open and his eyes were slightly larger than normal.

Nash, on the other hand, was not making eye contact with me at all. His cheeks were bright red and his eyes became puffy in a matter of seconds. My heart shattered at the sight of him being broken.

"Miss. Bell, I would like to do one more check then I will let you go," the doctor came into the room unexpectedly. "Is it alright if I ask you two to step out for a moment?"

Cameron nodded; Nash the same, except with a small sniffle following it. They both walked out without a word.

"Alright, I'm just checking on how you feel, so, how do you feel?" The doctor chuckled.

"Confused, broken, annoyed, happy," I muttered.

"Confused?" He asked.

"I don't know what to think right now, my best friends are fighting with each other," I responded.

"Okay, broken?"

"My heart hurts from all the confusion," I looked at the ceiling.

"Annoyed?"

"I am annoyed with all of my feelings, and before you ask again, I am happy because my boyfriend just proposed to me," I smiled briefly as I looked at the ring.

"Well as long as it's not due to the hospital, I can let you go," he shrugged. "Which one is the boyfriend?"

"The one with brown eyes, not blue," I replied. That was one extreme distinct difference most people notice, although there were many others.

"Okay," he said walking out into the hall. I sat there impatiently, twiddling my thumbs and tapping my foot. I couldn't stand being hooked up to machines and laying still for hours. ". . .so just make sure she doesn't have too much physical activity."