Chapter 31 - Date

Cameron's POV

"You ready for our date?" I asked Amara with a smile. She nodded then gulped slightly; I was feeling the exact same way. I lifted up my arm and reached for the door handle, which was a phony gold 'RR.' I gently opened the door and stood to the side, waiting for Amara to enter the small building. "Ladies first," I said as she didn't quite take my hint. She smiled then entered the building. I followed her and let go of the door letting it fall back into its place. Immediately you were hit with a strong smell of hamburgers and fries. I smiled at the delightful scent.

Amara and I approached a small podium with a light brown, curly haired women. "How many?" The woman spoke with her delicate voice.

"Two," I smiled. I looked at her name tag, Mary; a common name. Mary looked at me and smiled a fake smile.

"Come this way," Mary picked up two menus out of a small box fastened onto the side of the podium. She then led us past some tables filled with people and the food they ordered. I practically drooled over all of it. "Here's your table," Mary waved her hand over a table showing us the one we recieved. It was a lightly stained wooden table with two matching wooden chairs, how typical. I turned to Amara and pulled her chair back for her, she kissed my cheek then sat down. I then went to my seat. "Is it alright if I start out with drinks?" Mary asked, I slowly nodded.

"I'll have a water," Amara answered.

"Make that two please," I added.

"Alright, I'll get those for you then take the rest of your order," Mary smiled again then walked off.

"That's a fake attitude," Amara giggled quietly making sure our waitress didn't here.

"No kidding, the worst thing is I think she was checking me out," My eyes widened just thinking about it. Amara laughed.

"You're mine though."

"I know," I grinned. I started to glance over the menu. "Ooh a bacon cheese burger," I drooled.

"Ooh a grilled chicken salad," Amara stuck her head on the menu.

"Really? A salad?" I asked with a disgusted expression.

"They're good for you," She pleaded.

"So is a cheese burger! There's meat and cheese and burger," I trailed off. Amara rolled her eyes. "Hey at least it tastes good!"

"Was that a burn?" She said shocked. I nodded. "Well ouch."

"I hope it hurt!" I looked back at the menu and flipped the pages immediately to the desert section. "Chocolate brownie cake."

"What about it?" Amara asked looking up from her menu.

"We're getting one," I kept looking at the picture. My mouth was watering and my eyes were popping out of my head.

"Are you guys ready to take your order?" Mary asked showing up out of nowhere. She set two glasses of water on our table. Amara and I nodded.

"I'll have the grilled chicken salad," Amara smiled then began to unwrapping her straw.

"What type of dressing?" Mary then asked.

Amara thought on it, "Ranch." Mary scribbled her order down on her notepad. She then looked at me.

"I'll have the bacon cheese burger," I started. "And we'll also have the chocolate brownie cake desert thing."

"Okay," She scribbled more, took out menus then walked off. I looked up at Amara, she looked up at me as she awkwardly sipped her water. I laughed as she almost choked on her drink. I lifted my straw off the table then gently peeled the white wrapper off. I stuck the straw in my water then took a little sip.