Chapter 33 - Airport

Amara's POV

"Amara," Cameron lightly tapped my arm.

"What?" I flickered my eyes open then rubbed them gently; seeing galaxies.

"We're at the airport," He laughed still looking at me. I sat up and saw we were in a boring parking lot filled with stressed out people and their cars. "Come on, our flight leaves in two hours," Cameron whined.

"Fine," I huffed. I turned and unbuckled my seat belt, which was ice cold. I escaped from the woven material then reached for the door handle of the car. I pushed it open with the small energy I had and stepped out onto the concrete. I walked a few steps before being hugged by Cameron.

"This will be fun," He whispered in my ear.

"If you call getting raped fun, then yeah," I smartly commented. Cameron laughed then handed me my heavy suitcase. "Holy crap did I pack rocks?"

"No," Cameron giggled again. "You packed necessary clothes."

"Are you sure about that?" I questioned as I tried to pull my suitcase across the parking lot ground.

"Do you need help?" Cameron came up next to me. He was pulling a smaller purple case and a holding a fuzzy pink blanket and a teddy bear in his right arm.

"You're hand are full, its fine," I continued to walk and struggle with pulling my suitcase.

"You carry Jake and this blanket," He handed me the stuffed bear and the fuzzy blanket.

"Seriously, are you like five?" I asked as I handed him my suitcase and took Jake and the blanket off his hands.

"Why do you think I'm making you carry them?" Cameron laughed as we both arrived to the silver stainless steel looking elevator.

"Wow, okay then," I laughed back then pushed the down button. We both patiently waited for the elevator to arrive. It was silent, not exactly a comfortable silence either. I twiddled my thumbs awkwardly.

"It's here," Cameron broke the silence. I snapped my head up then walke inside the elevator. Cameron's hand let go of his suitcase so he could press the one button. It lit up a neon blue then the elevator began to ring. "Nash is supposed to be on our flight," Cameron broke the silence once again.

"Supposed?" I asked.

"Well he hasn't texted me this morning, so I'm not positive if he's even coming," He said with a disappointed expression and tone.

"Oh," I mumbled a little upset too. The elevator doors opened right as I responded to Cameron. I stepped out first then held the door open with my free arm for him.

"Thank you gorgeous," He kissed my cheek as he walked out of the elevator.

"Yup," I responded then walked towards the airport entrance. The outside of the airport looked like a casual modern building with casually stressed out people and screaming kids in front of it. I took a deep breath then followed Cameron as he walked through the doors that spin. i ran a few steps to catch up to him and make it through the devil doors.

Once we entered the airport we took a sharp left to receive our boarding passes. The inside of the airport was a downgrade from the outside. On the floor was a carpet that was multiple shades of green, purple and blue. It wasn't the best looking carpet in the world. "We'll get our passes, check our bags, then get breakfast, okay?" Cameron asked making sure his plan was okay with me. I nodded then followed him to the long Southwest airline boarding pass line.

I slid my hand to my back pocket and retrieved my phone.

From Nash:

Don't tell Cameron, I'm already at the airport with the gang, we're going to surprise him.