Chapter 47 - Surprise

Amara's POV

I kept repeating no in my head, but I didn't know the answer for sure. Telling myself the answer I wanted didn't justify anything.

I twitched my leg on the soft skin of Cameron. Spending an extra ten dollars on the cab fare allowed us to sneak the four of us in the back. Nash was near the left window, Carter was in the middle seperating the small feud. Cameron rested his head against the right window, as I sat in between Carter and him. I wouldn't exactly say in between, I was more sitting on Cameron's thigh more than anything.

I looked over at Nash. His cheeks were still puffy and red, but the tears were faded. I sighed from relief. I gazed to his eyes, tension filled them. And I was the cause of the tension.

I turned over and looked at Cameron, only to find him staring back. "Hello there," I said slightly startled.

"Hey," he returned with a smile. He gently lifted his hand and sat it on my thigh. I smiled and slightly shook my head. Cameron decided to be even more flirty by sliding his hand up my thigh even more.

"You do realize we aren't the only people in this vehicle right?" I asked.

"Is that so?" He questioned. "How are you feeling Mrs. Dallas?"

"Tired," I blushed. "I was in a hospital for a day."

Cameron let a chuckle fly out of his mouth, "You won't be tired for long."

I smirked at him realizing where he was going with his delicate words.

"Alright, one more block," the cab driver blankly noted. I shuddered at his voice. It sounded as if he smoked a million packs of cigars a day. I felt nauseous just by the thought of it.

After a sharp right turn, we arrived in the front of the hotel. Cameron's arms snaked around my waist. He gently picked me up and sat me fully on his lap. As the car neared to a stop, he pulled the door handle. He lifted me a second time and let me go on the curb. My eyes were widened throughout the action. That was one swift move.

Cameron and Carter exited through the same door. Nash decided to be out of the loop and exit near the busy street. My stomach clenched as he opened the door and walked in front of a dozen cars. I was scared for him.

I'm assuming Cameron knew I was uneasy. He came up beside me and held my hand. Even though it was about two days since I last held his hand, the size difference was so prominent this time. I didn't think my hand was so small.

"I figured since you're tired, we would do our after show game," Cameron said after a moment of silence.

"Game?" I asked. I remembered that Nash mentioned something of that sort in the hospital.

"Yeah, we all talk about one fan that we got to know or stood out to us," he began. "I don't know if you want to participate, but it's funny to hear the stories."

"I would be happy to participate," I obliged.

Cameron tilted his head down, "I was hoping you wouldn't want to. . ."

I stared at him for a second then caught the drift he was throwing. "Well I mean, I'll go if you want."

His head perked up, "Well we can go. Just after a few errands. . ."

I laughed. "Is that the best metaphor you could come up with?"

"Did something affect your brain? You've been talking so different. . ."

"What do you mean?" I looked at him with confusion.

"The speech you had at the hospital, and, now. It's just more-more intelligent sounding," he stuttered.