Chapter 46 - Together

Cameron's POV

"Is she okay?" I asked as we approached the room in which Amara was held. He stopped.

"Look for yourself." His arm outstretched allowing me to pass him. I looked at his face, he was middle aged, hair starting to turn gray, and wrinkles beginning to form. He nodded and I stretched my legs out in caution. Each step I took felt like a dozen, the pace was too fast for me.

I peered around this corner. A machines beeps filled my ears, thankfully it was the one monitoring her heartbeat. Her face was still colorless and she looked lifeless laying there. I shuddered and swallowed the lingering saliva in my throat.

Her eyes slowly opened, I ran towards her. I immediately put her cold, pale hand into mine. "Are you okay?" I stifled. There was no response. Amara's eyes remained on mine.They were abnormally glossy, her usual golden eyes were now faded into a light brown.

"Her heart is remaining steady, her blood pressure is perfect, and we gave her radiation, it should be permanently gone now," the doctor came in.

"That's what they said last time," I muttered.

"That's what they said when they did the radiation wrong?" He chuckled.

"What?" I asked turning around.

"The first time they did radiation, they didn't hold it long enough. I guess since she was smaller they considered her size would matter, but it doesn't," he shockingly said.

"So it's permanently gone?" I asked. A nod was thrown in the air. "Forever?"

"Yes, forever," he laughed.

I turned towards Amara and smiled. I couldn't help but plaster a cheesy grin on my face. Her eyes appeared more golden and her cheeks began to blush. I didn't think my smile could get any bigger, but it did. "It's gone," I whispered to her. "Forever."

"We have to get back to Magcon," She choked out. I let my pointer finger rest on her lips.

"Nash, Carter, and I quit," I mumbled.

"What?" She whisper yelled.

"Babe, Bart was using all of us for money. I didn't want to be used, sure I love meeting the fans, but I want to meet them differently. I'll find another way," I insisted. "I promise."

A smile found its way to her face. "Good," she let out a sigh.

"And maybe you could be on the tour also?"

A giggle escaped her mouth. I grinned, her giggle was the one thing that gave me life. "Why would I go on tour? I don't have a talent. Besides, its about you."

"I don't have a talent. . ." I admitted.

"You're really good at looking good, you're hot, you don't need one," her eyes widened, her forehead scrunched. I fell in love with the way she looked frustrated.

I was falling in love with her all over again.

"Thanks, but I feel like that's what all the fans care about, my looks," I shrugged. That's all I thought. I couldn't sing, I learned to dance but I couldn't quite master the concept. Looks, I guess that's all I had.

"Cameron," Amara's hand stroked my cheek; pale and ice cold. "You are extremely nice, funny, and good with kids-"

"You don't have to sugar coat it," I cut her off, blushing.

"I'm not," she smiled.

"I love you," I bent down and kissed her cheek. Although there was a small burst of color it was still cold as ice. An idea popped into my head. "Can I ask you something?"