Chapter 7 - Flowers

SURPRISE SECOND UPDATE!

Amara's POV

I waited by my front door for Cameron to show up. I was pacing back and forth nervously. My hands were shaking as I took out my phone checking the time.

A knock was placed on my door which made me jump, even though I was expecting it, "Who is it?" I asked but soon regretted because I already knew it was Cameron.

"Uh, Cameron," His shaky voice said.

I reached over for the doorknob and turned the handle. Cameron was standing there with a bouquet of Lily's, my favorite flower, and red puffy cheeks. I pulled him inside my house with a giant hug; him dropping the flowers on my door step simultaneously.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered in his ear.

Cameron hugged me tighter, "I am too."

"Can I tell you something?" I said pulling away from his hug. He nodded. "Uhm, this is hard to say, but-"

He cut me off with a kiss. It wasn't a sexual kiss, but more of a passionate one. "I like you," He told me. "A lot."

I smiled, "I-I like you too." I finally did it. I said it.

Cameron's face was soon wiped with a grin, but it looked as if he remembered something because it soon dropped, "Nash told me you kissed him."

"What? No no no. I called him over and told him I liked you. He then kissed me and said 'I'll still fight for you,'" I told Cameron clearing up the story.

He gave me another hug, this one filled with relief, "Thank god. I thought you like him."

"No. Why would I like him when you treat me like a princess and he treats me like crap?" I asked.

"Well maybe because he's better looking then me..."

My mouth dropped to the floor. "That's such a lie," He chuckled. "Who has had all the girls crawl over him during the girls ask guy homecoming? You. And you chose to take me. Nash, he went by himself. Get my point?"

"I was being sarcastic, but I get your point," Cameron said laughing.

"Good," I replied with a smile.

"Oh," He said turning around and grabbing the flowers that fell when I pulled him in a hug.

"Sorry about that," I apologized for making him drop them.

"It's fine," He said. He then stuck them out in front of him with a smile. "These are for you."

I pretended to be surprised. "Cameron! You didn't have to get these for me!"

Cameron laughed, "Well I thought they were pretty like you, so I bought them."

I awed, "Let's go put them in a vase." I walked over to the kitchen and opened the highest cupboard. "Cameron?" I laughed.

"Yeah?" He called from the living room.

"Can you help me?" Cameron came walking into the kitchen laughing. "I can't reach it." I said embarrassed.

Cameron being four inches taller than me could surely reach it. He reached as far as he could but couldn't even manage to touch the vase. I laughed. "Shut up?" He said immediately snapping me out of my laughter. "Here I'll lift you up," He motioned me towards him with his arms out.

I jumped into them and he lifted me up by my waist. I grabbed the vase with ease. He lowered me down and tickled my sides as he did so. "Stop it!" I laughed as I hit the ground.

"No," Cameron said as he spun me around leaving me to face him. He pulled me closer. "Your laugh is too cute." He then kissed my nose and continued to tickle me.

"I hate you," I said in between giggles.

Cameron immediately stopped, "Well then." He turned back to the living room to exit my house. I set the vase on the counter.

"No!" I said hanging on his arm. "Don't leave." I looked up with puppy dog eyes.

He sighed, "How much do you not want me to leave?"

I thought for a second then shoved him on the nearby couch. I sat on top of him and kissed his lips with passion. I lifted my face up with my hair trickling down to his chest. "That much," I told him positively.

"You're such a tease," Cameron joked while getting up. He switched positions with me and ended up on top of me, crushing me a little.

"You're hurting me," I said running low on breath.

"To bad," He said kissing my lips causing me to forget I was being crushed. I immediately got a burst of adrenaline. Cameron sat up, still kissing me. I sat up along with him.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. I grabbed his hair and twirled it between my fingers.

Cameron slowed down and so did I. "Can I ask you something?" I nodded and he smiled. "Ok. Uhm, I've wanted to ask you this for awhile now. And I think now is a good time..."

What he said next I couldn't believe my ears.

A/N: Don't get used to daily updates. I have some really good ideas for this story so that's why I can write these chapters so fast. I guarantee you that when school starts again it won't be like this. I absolutely loved writing this chapter.

Funny story: My family was at Costco today and my mom needed socks. She bought Püma socks. I laughed so hard and she was so confused. Whatever lol

Follow me on:

Twitter: @paintingmendes

Instagram: @shaynaxobailey

Pheed: @shaynaxobailey

Vine: Shayna Bailey

Kik: shaynabailey

Püma