7.5 Wisdom (Ji)

Crack..

The door opened to show a sleepy face of middle age woman while she smiles as soon as she saw the visitor.

"You come home?" She said and letting the visitor come in.

"Ehem. My unit just too empty. Too big. I guess." The visitor said as she walk to the counter of their kitchen, opening the refrigerator to take cold water for her to drink.

"Its a long journey to come home here." The middle age woman said watching every movement of the visitor. "Even thought I am more than happy to see you with us again like this, why don't you just drop your job?"

"Soon mom." She speak softly and put the bottle in its place again. "Marco already asleep?"

"Hmm.. he sleeps with J tonight. J keep on asking about when will you come home."

"Sorry mom."

"Its okay, Lily." But she feels uncomfortable to still put her responsibility on her parents' shoulder. "He is our grandchild." She smiles sadly and trying to suppress her tears and running to ask for hug. Her hugs so tight that her mother try to hold her groan.

"Is everything okay, Lily?" She ask softly but the said girl only keep on her silence. "Hey."

"Please, let me like this mom." She whisper softly between her sobs. She cry. "I- am okay." She said after good seconds. "I am just, losing something on the way to here."

"What's that?"

"I- I am sorry mom." She then beak down and let her body to collapse to the floor. Head hung low and two hands covering her face. "I love him." She said desperately. "But I cant have him."

"Why?"

"He-" she looks up and her mother could see how messed she is right now. Red eyes and nose, tears and sweat on her face. "He is Yuqi's."

"What have I told you, Lily." Her mother sat in front of her and try to wipe her tears away and combing her hair, and her bangs. "Grudge cant bring you anywhere than misery. Past is the past."

"Mom?"

"I know, Lily. Jackson have told me about this. Also to Marco."

"And?"

"He said nothing he can do, god is only the only one who can punish the one who is at the wrong." She said softly, patiently looking at her daughter lovingly. "He knew him when you had dinner that time, he told me and he try to understand Lily. He is okay with it. And no-one knows what's really happen here right?"

"I am sorry that I always be a disgrace for you mom."

"No. You make me proud Lily. The fact that you keep J with you even thought you were broken is something big. You've changed." Her mom caressing her hair gently. "The fact you choose to keep him safe, to give him chance, despite of how broken you were, you show me that you are mature in your own way. The fact that you choose to be alive, the fact that we shouldn't mourn again after Yuqi, you don't know how big the impact of your choice for me, for Marco."

"As Marco said, hating someone who is already regret is a poison. Give him a try. Take him here, let him know you. And us."

"I am not sure, mom."

"Why? You are afraid that he will leave?" She nods hesitantly. "Let him choose, Lily. Lets try, don't give up without trying baby. because we wont know what's the things we lost when we tried it." She looks at her mom. Should she?

"He has fiancé. And she is lovely." She look down on her laps, she is lost.

"The light is here, Lily." Her mother softly smiling while looking at the bedroom's door upstair. "The light is here to give back everything the darkness stole."