Chapter 72: The Drinking Game

"This is terrible," Harmony said, terrified. "Dan has diabetes you guys. What if he's somewhere stuck on the rooftop of a fancy hotel and can't get his blood sugar up?"

"We need to find them," Julie said, suddenly worried, too.

"Ok, so what happened after the random party?" Ryder asked. "We went to Sugar's and then?"

"I remember it was because you all wanted to sing and the Cheerios refused to allow it," Jake said.

Julie nodded. "Yeah, so Sugar invited the entire glee club over," she continued. "And then there, the last thing I remember is singing... 'Waking Up in Vegas' with John..."

"Right!" John chuckled. "And then when we started playing spin-the-bottle I joked about being your first kiss and Ryder threatened to punch me if I tried to kiss you this time around. But by that time you were already drunk, Jules. I didn't see how you started drinking."

"I don't even remember playing spin-the-bottle," Ryder admitted. "None of Sugar's house activities are clear to me."

"What else do you remember?" Kitty asked John. "Since apparently you held your sobriety the longest."

John shrugged. "I was having fun, watching what all of you are like drunk," he admitted. "I mean, I've seen you all drinking but never that drunk."

Harmony glanced up from her coffee mug and asked, "Oh my gosh, what am I like?"

"Really mad," John laughed. "Between you and Ryder, I wasn't sure who was going to beat someone up first."

"Why was I so mad?" asked Harmony, disregarding the fact that there were probably much more important issues at hand.

"Well," he began, "it turns out Dan is a particularly special type of drunk."

-----------

 "Whoo!" Sugar exclaimed as she jumped on her bed.

"This is the biggest bedroom I've ever seen before!" Shana exclaimed, jumping with her. "Why do you have a karaoke system in here?"

"I don't know!" Sugar shouted with all her lung power. "I had it built when I found out I was amazing! But then someone was switching out my recordings with a screeching cat so I stopped using it!"

Shana stopped jumping for a moment, confused, and before she could resume Sugar's own hops made the bed move so much that she lost balance, bouncing off the bed and falling flat on her bottom on the ground. From across the large room, Rory laughed, pointing at her as she also burst into a fit of laughter.

"Oh my gosh..." Shana mumbled when she finally quit laughing. She grabbed a beer bottle from the floor and began drinking from it as she nudged over to what she was staring at. A few of the coherent members of New Directions turned over and saw that Dan was living out the life of a scrawny male stripper on Sugar's love-seat, and he was doing so for the amusement of Bree, who clapped and egged him on.

Harmony's blue eyes went dark as she saw what was happening and rushed over to pull him off the couch. "What is wrong with you?" she exclaimed. "Do you want me to gauge your eyes out with my own nails because so help me if you keep on shaking your ass in front of this cheering whore I will make sure it is the last thing you do!" 

-----------

"There's no way I said any of that," Harmony stopped him, rubbing at her temples. 

"I promise you it's the truth," John said.

"And what else?" asked Jake.

"Well, Little Miss I wasn't drinking decided that I was too designated to drive," he replied, looking over at Julie.