Chapter 2: Trio

"Did you see the way Marley and Unique absolutely kissed up to the new girl?" Bree asked Kitty and me as we hung out the next morning. One day and there was already drama surrounding this girl. Not her fault, of course. But come on.

"So what, let them have her," Kitty told her. "We're better off just the three of us anyway."

"So no more Cheetah numbers?" I chimed in with a frown.

"Babe, the Cheetah Girls..." Bree began. "They made lots of music without Galleria."

We all smiled at each other and met up during our free period before lunch and all through lunch. We had a number we needed ready by our meeting after school.

***

"Before we get started today," said Mr. Schue when we met up after school, "I'd like to announce this week's homework assignment, since yesterday was reserved for welcoming Dan and Amity."

"Yeah!" Marley chimed in excitedly, joined by the rest of them as they clapped and cheered. Amity looked slightly overwhelmed but happy and Dan was super thrilled to be sitting where he was.

"This week's assignment is..." said Mr. Schue as he scribbled on the white board. "Groupability..."

"Did he just make up a word?" asked Dan.

"He does that sometimes," I whispered to him. He smiled, which Ryder caught and didn't seem too thrilled about. Ryder was officially the king of unnecessary jealousy.

"We're a new group of people this year," Mr. Schue went on. "Nobody from the original glee club is still around. So what we need to work on by Sectionals is the team's ability to be a team. Groupability. And here to show us what it means to be in sync are the three who have made sure to be inseparable, our favorite trio: Kitty, Bree, and Julie!"

The group cheered for us as we took our positions in the center of the floor. We faced away from them as the music started. We sang " cha-cha-cha-cheetah" over and over for the first few seconds, still turned away. Then we each turned around for our solos.

Bree: This girl is a friend for life. I'm gonna be there when you need me that's right.
Kitty: And this girl's never gonna change. No matter where I go I'll still be the same.
Julie: And this girl wants to have some fun, so put your hands up cause we've only begun. And there's no stopping us because, we've got that Cheetah Love.

We were dancing around as we went through the chorus and everyone watched us.

Bree, Kitty and Julie: We are Cheetah, Cheetah Girls we stick together for life. Sometimes we don't see eye to eye, but we go side by side.

They seemed pretty into it, with the exception of Unique, Marley, and Amity. I don't get it; Unique liked us just last week!

Bree, Kitty and Julie: There is nothing in the world that we can't overcome! Strength in numbers, got each other, got that cheetah love. Cha-cha-cha-cheetah, cha-cha-cha-cheetah, cha-cha-cha-cheetah, cheetah love.

We went on through the rest of the song, with Bree as Aqua, Kitty as Dorinda, and me as Chanel. Bree thought it was appropriate to assign our roles on the Cheetah Girls based on race, so I was the Hispanic. I didn't mind, considering that Chanel was the main singer and I loved contributing my voice. I loved Bree and Kitty, but it was hard to shine when we were all mostly at the same level with dancing. When it came to singing, I had a lot more confidence. I especially got to show off my vocal bombasity during the bridge and the chorus that followed it, the latter for which I got to start belting in the background.