Chapter 52: Cheerleaders and Angels

Julie played her guitar, making funny faces at her friends as they bobbed their heads, slapped their laps, or snapped their fingers.

["Now That We Found Love" by Heavy D.]

Harmony: Now that we found love what are we gonna do... with it. Now that we found love what are we gonna do... with it. Now..!

They began tossing around a ball, indicating who would have to rap, and the one who was holding it when they started was Ryder. He made a face at Julie as he got started.

Ryder: One two, tell me what you got. Let me slip my quarters inside your slot to hit the jackpot.
Dan: Rev me up, rev me up my little buttercup. We can tug sheets snuggle up and get stuck.
Alex: Believe it or not here comes the brother with the glow! A strugglin', Bubblin' overweight lover hurt prone.
Unique: So what's it gonna be? Me or the TV? Now let me take time to set your mind and your body free!
Kitty: So why don't you just stretch. Stretch for a sec. Lay by the fire so I can catch a quick rest!

She laughed, tossing the small ball to Bree, who rolled her eyes and rapped dispassionately.

Bree: Shake me, shake me. Baby, baby, bake me. No need to fake here I am. Come on and take me.

She tossed it to Shana, who seemed very excited to participate.

Shana: Wind your body, baby move your body. I see you slip sliding. Come on now do it hottie!

She tossed it at Julie, hitting her arm since she was playing the guitar, so the latter winced and went ahead and participated anyway.

Julie: I'm not quite sure as to what is going down. But I'm feeling Hunky Dory 'bout this thing that I found.
Harmony: Now that we found love what are we gonna do... with it. Now that we found love what are we gonna do... with it. Now..!

Ryder grabbed the ball from Julie's side and tossed it over to Alex, the pace of throwing it around going faster.

Alex: I dig the way you wiggle. You don't jingle but you jiggle. So hand over your love cause it's heavy in the middle.
Dan: Move like a mover, she wanted to groove so I grooved her.
Ryder: Then she wanted to learn. So we'd be schoolin' and I schooled her
Unique: Mary had a little lamb but not like this
Shana: We can waltz and turn wumble tumble and twist
Kitty: Then you think you gonna give in. Phantasies relivin'.
Bree: So lay down and relax, lover my lady.

"Lady love of my baby girl--" Bree said. "Okay, seriously, what are these lyrics? Why did we choose this song? It's awful..."

"That's the point," Alex said. "We don't get to do playful pointless numbers like this very often. It's always what Schuester wants."

"We get plenty of choice," Ryder said. "I mean, we just did a show in which we got to choose whatever song we wanted."

"And you got to choose who sang with who," Unique told him. "That's probably why you don't have a problem."

"Okay, come on guys," Julie stopped them. "Let's not turn this into a 'talk about everything wrong with glee club' meeting."

"So you do think there's plenty wrong?" asked Shana.

"No, no, no," Julie clarified. "I love glee club. And I think we should just be appreciative of everything Mr. Schue has done for us and everyone who's ever been in glee club."

"Preach..." Kitty mumbled dispassionately. The bell rang and Julie shot up from her seat.

"Yay, pizza," she said, happy to have something to get their minds away from the negative.