Chapter 83: Superlatives

This was a really fun chapter to write because it kinda steers away from the plot a bit and just has everyone having fun and appreciating each other so I hope you all enjoy it! I got this idea from watching the old cast do this in Season 3 and thought it'd be fun for the characters to do it, too. There are probably a lot of mistakes on this because I typed it out under a time constraint so feel free to point them out so they can be fixed!
----------------------------------------------------------

As Joe, John and Sugar walked into the choir room the next day, the music automatically began to play. They had expected this but that didn't take away from the fuzzy feeling they got as they sat down on the three empty chairs and their teammates sang to them.

Ryder: I always knew this day would come. We'd be standing one by one. With our future in our hands. So many dreams so many plans...
Bree: I always knew after all these years. There'd be laughter, there'd be tears. But never thought that I'd walk away with so much joy but so much pain. And it's so hard to say goodbye...

Joe extended an arm towards Bree and smiled before putting it down. She grinned back, feeling a bittersweet pride as she saw him there by himself.

Unique and Harmony: But yesterday's gone. We gotta keep moving on. I'm so thankful for the moments. So glad I got to know ya.
Kitty and Jake: The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph. And hold you in my heart forever. I'll always remember you.
New Directions: Nanananana

Sugar smiled, turning to Rory and Shana as they sat together and looked to her when they sang.

Shana: Another chapter in the book. Can't go back but you can look. And there we are on every page. Memories I'll always save.
Rory: Up ahead only open doors. Who knows what we're heading towards. I wish you love. I wish you luck. For you the world just opens up. But it's so hard to say goodbye...

Unique and Harmony swayed in the back, both feeling a bit bad about the fact that they hadn't formed close bonds with any of the seniors. Jake felt the same way, having even considered John to be somewhat of an enemy and Kitty simply remained in the background because of how hard it was to say goodbye to John, who a part of her hadn't let go of yet.

Unique and Harmony: Yesterday's gone. We gotta keep moving on. I'm so thankful for the moments. So glad I got to know ya. 
Kitty and Jake: The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph. And hold you in my heart forever. I'll always remember you.
New Directions: Nanananana

Finally, Julie, Dan and Marley sat in front of John and the song shifted to them. Although John wasn't much for displaying how he felt, they could tell from the smile on his face that he was glad to be sung to.

Dan: Everyday that we had. All the good, all the bad. I'll keep them here inside.
Marley: All the times that we shared. Every place, everywhere. You touched my life.
Julie: Yeah one day we'll look back. We'll smile and we'll laugh. But right now we just cry...
Dan, Marley and Julie: Cause it's so hard to say goodbye...

Amity and Alex, who were sitting in the center, turned the attention back to Joe as they sang to him.

Amity: Yesterday's gone. We gotta keep moving on.
Alex: I'm so thankful for the moments.
Alex and Amity: So glad I got to know ya!
New Directions: The times that we had I'll keep like a photograph. And hold you in my heart forever. I'll always remember
Amity: You! 
New Directions: Nanananana

Rory and Bree stepped forward to their loved ones, belting out over everyone's singing, and John smiled to himself about the fact that it had never been so obvious that he was single.