Chapter 9: Over

I wasn't exactly the president of the Santana Lopez fan club, but she sure did know how to make good points. I had to be smart about how I handled the John situation, if at all. So the day after his birthday, I asked Kitty if she and John were okay.

"It took a lot of apologizing," she informed me as on our way to the choir room, "but after a nice dinner at his place and a movie, he forgave me. So yes, we're okay again."

"Perfect," I said.

"Why?" she asked. "And do you know who called the meeting?"

I nodded. "I did," I said as we walked into the room, where the rest of them were waiting. Ryder wasn't there because he had to retake a quiz he bombed and Bree had detention so she also couldn't make it. Everyone else, however, was present and ready to hear what I had to say. But there weren't any words. So I skipped the introduction we usually gave before singing and signaled the band to start the music.

It was really the perfect song. Besides the lyrics being nearly perfect for the situation, the punk rock beats were angry and awesome.

Julie: If I'm a bad person, you don't like me. Well I guess I'll make my own way.

It was pretty obvious that this song was directed at John, but in case it wasn't, I looked over at Kitty and him.

Julie: It's a circle. A mean cycle. I can't excite you anymore. Where's your gavel? Your jury? What's my offense this time?

John stood up and started walking around but I rushed to the door and blocked the way for him.

Julie: You're not a judge but if you're gonna judge me... Well sentence me to another life.

I gave him a small push indicating for him to go back to his seat, and he did as I carried onto the chorus and became angrier. My voice had never been able to go as low as it did in this song, and I liked the newfound key I was singing in. My range had extended! Thank you Hayley Williams.

When I was tired of jumping around (which was while I sang, Ignorance is your new best friend), I grabbed a chair, placed it in front of John, and sat on it, facing the wrong way so that I could face him.

Julie: This is the best thing that could've happened. Any longer and I wouldn't have made it. It's not a war, no, it's not a rapture. I'm just a person but you can't take it. 

He shook his head at me and once again stood. He walked towards the door but it was the same pattern. I beat him to it and stood in the doorway, not caring that there were people in the hallway looking at us.

Julie: The same tricks that, that once fooled me, they won't get you anywhere. I'm not the same kid from your memory. Well now I can fend for myself.

He used his shoulder to push me to the side and move past me so I followed him down the hallway, with the band playing behind us and the glee kids all following.

Julie: Don't wanna hear your sad songs. I don't wanna feel your pain. When you swear it's all my fault, cause you know we're not the same. We're not the same. Oh, we're not the same.

I had to take a few extra steps to get in front of him and he finally stopped, seeing as I was in his way once again.

Julie: Yeah, we used to stick together. We wrote our names in blood. But I guess you can't accept that the change is good. It's good. It's good.

He shook his head at me and walked around me, so I kept going behind him. He had to hear me out.

Julie: Well you treat me just like another stranger. Well it's nice to meet you sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out.