Chapter 75: Know Your Enemy

"Welcome back from your questionable prom weekend," Mr. Schue said as the glee kids began to make their ways into the choir, obviously still exhausted. 

When Dan walked through the door, Amity was suddenly much more animated, getting up from her chair and rushing over to hug him. As soon as the hug, which lasted about seven seconds too long for Alex's taste, ended, she punched his arm.

"Ow!" he exclaimed.

"That's for not answering your phone and telling me you were okay!" she cried. "You had me scared to death."

"I'm sorry," he said, though he couldn't help smiling as they walked over to their seats. Harmony, who had also been very worried, crossed her arms angrily as he sat with Amity and not her. Alex tried to ignore it, but he wasn't very pleased either.

"Now that you're all back in this room safely," Will continued, "I have some great news. I know you were all displeased back in the fall when I told you Nationals would be in Ohio but this was recently changed." The group filled with excited chatter. "Ladies and gentleman... This year... Nationals will be in..."

"Please say L.A. again..." Sugar mumbled, crossing her lips.

"L.A.?" said Bree. "Hawaii!"

"Nashville, Tennessee!" exclaimed Will.

"Yes!" Shana exclaimed louder than everyone else. "Please tell me we're going country songs!"

Will grinned at her excitement and said, "While we'll be in the country music capital, we will not be having an all-country setlist. The judges, pressumably, will be very diverse. But we will be having one song that's a country hit. And I was hoping, after what happened last year at pretty much every competition, that this year I could just skip the part where I give you my setlist and have you all protest and change it... And get to the part where you choose the songs."

"Really?" Marley said, turning to Shana excitedly.

"Yes," Will nodded. "This week will be all about you showing off your talent and giving us a song that you think really embodies what we as a group are about. Or maybe what you are as individuals. Or what we should be. Take whatever route you want, just make it meaningful."

Bree raised her hand. "I have something," she grinned.

"STDs?" Julie mumbled, louder than she'd planned. Will gave her a stern look as the others giggled. Bree smiled at Julie and shook her head.

"Obviously not everyone in the room has as much confidence as I do," she said. "And I think that's a fatal flaw. So my song will be about the inner us we each need to embrace." She went over to the new drummer and whispered in his ear. He looked at the other band members and shrugged. Bree turned to the front and began to dance as the music started.

Bree: Uh uh uh ah uh uh. I can do the pretty girl rock, rock. Rock to the pretty girl rock, rock, rock. Now what's your name?

She turned to the rest of New Directions and grinned as she held a fierce pose in the center of the room.

Bree: My name is Keri, I'm so very... Fly oh my, it's a little bit scary. Boys wanna marry, looking at my derrière. And you can stare but if you touch it Imma bury.

Making a camera with her hands and holding it over her eyes, she pretended to photograph her peers, all who sat with arms crossed, evidently still upset about what she'd done to them in prom.

Bree: Pretty as a picture. Sweeter than a swisher. Mad 'cause I'm cuter than the girl that's with you. I don't gotta talk about it baby you can see it. But if you want I'll be happy to repeat it.