Chapter 44: The Girls' Demands

When New Directions gathered after school, Amity and Bree waited a few minutes before making their entrance. As they did, the music began and multiple jaws dropped after seeing Amity's makeover.

Bree: Lalalalalala. Lalalalalala. Lalalalalalalalala!

The corner of Alex's mouth creased into an almost indiscernible smile as Bree danced around and Amity faced him.

Amity: It took too long. It took too long. It took too long for you to call back. And normally I would just forget that. Except for the fact it was my birthday. My stupid birthday.

Everyone looked over at Alex, curious about what his reaction would be. Unique was pleasantly surprised, her mouth gaping as she smiled in Alex's direction.

Amity: I played along. I played along. I played along. Rolled right off my back. But obviously my armor was cracked. What kind of a boyfriend would forget that?

At the word 'boyfriend' Alex raised an eyebrow, making Amity lose focus for a moment. Luckily, Bree was there to stand by her side and nudge her as she rested her arm on her shoulder.

Amity: Who would forget that?
Bree: The type of guy who doesn't see what he has until she leaves.
Amity: Don't let me go.
Bree: Cause without me, you know you're lost. Wise up now or pay the cost.
Amity: Soon you will know

Amity backed up as Bree kicked the chair Alex was using as a foot rest, forcing him to sit up from his usual lazy slouch.

Both: You're not livin' till you're livin'
Amity: Livin' with me
Both: You're not winnin' till you're winnin'
Bree: Winnin' me
Both: You're not gettin' till you're gettin'
Amity: Gettin' me
Both: You're not livin' till you're livin'
Amity: Living for me

The other guys directed semi-teaseful, semi-concerned looks towards Alex. The only people in the room who were fully enjoying themselves were Kitty-- who admittedly loved Aly & AJ-- Dan-- who admittedly disliked Alex-- and Unique-- who admittedly distrusted Alex. Everyone else enjoyed the singing and the dancing but felt some degree of discomfort as the song progressed.

Both: You can try, you can try. You know I know it'd be a lie. Without me you're gonna die. So you better think clearly, clearly. Before you nearly, nearly. Mess up the situation that you're gonna miss dearly, dearly. C'mon.

As Amity sang the chorus, with background vocals from Kitty and Shana, Bree belted out some of the lines and Mr. Schue nodded along proudly.

Both: This is the potential break-up song. Our album needs just one. Oh baby please, please, tell me.

Amity, who was exhausted after putting the most energy into a performance that she ever had before, walked slowly towards Alex.

Both: This is the potential make-up song. Please just admit you're wrong. Which will it be?
Amity: Which will it be?
Bree: Lalalalalala. Lalalalalala. Lalalalalalalalala.

The room filled with applause, especially from Mr. Schue, who said, "Wow! That was outstanding. Bree, your vocals are impressive and Amity, I don't think I've ever seen you sing so passionately. I'd hate to be on the other end of those lyrics, huh? Give it up one more time for them, guys!"

***

"Mr. Schue doesn't pay attention to any of our personal issues," said Kitty as she began an emergency glee girl meeting during lunch the next day. "Guys don't care about feelings and he's one of them. I mean, that comment he made after Amity sang... What was that about?"