Chapter 6: Hot N' Cold

Just thought you guys would be interested in knowing that the NY story I'd been talking about starting, a spin-off of this Lima one, is up and posted, it's called "Classic New York Roommates" because I couldn't come up with anything better.
----------------------------------------------------

"Congratulations," said Jordan. 

"Yeah, congrats, Julie," Carrie added. The two Cheerios walked right past me and I watched them, confused.

"Hey, congrats!" Marley said as she and Unique passed me by.

"You go girl!" Unique exclaimed. What the hell was going on?

"We are so proud of you," said Mr. Schue, as he and his now-pregnant and wife passed by me.

"Great job, Julie, really," Mrs. Schue said softly.

I smiled. I had no idea what they were talking about but it felt great to be congratulated regardless.

"So I guess you've heard," said Bree as she stopped in front of me.

"Heard what?" I said.

"Wait, you don't know yet?" Kitty asked from behind me. I turned to her.

"Know what?" I told her. Kitty grinned widely as Bree rolled her eyes and the two girls led me around the corner and to my locker. There, a giant banner that said CONGRATULATIONS was hanging, splattered with gold, and I was definitely still unsure of what that meant.

"You don't know, do you?" Kitty said.

"You're getting married!" exclaimed Bree.

"What?" I shouted.

I turned and Ryder was there. But then Sam showed up, too. And then Jake. And John. And Dan. And before I knew it, all of the glee guys were there, old and new. They got on their knees and all asked, "Will you marry me?" at the same time, making me scream.

That's when my alarm went off. "What the hell..." I murmured. I looked up at my closet and saw my uniform hanging over the door. I shook my head. "Not wearing that today," I mumbled. I got ready as fast as I could, seeing as I was running late, and waited for Bree to come by and pick me up. John and I weren't talking and I really didn't want to be around Ryder that morning. So I had no choice but to ask the devil for a ride.

"I hope this means we're friends again," she said as I got into the passenger seat.

"This means we're not enemies," I told her. She chuckled and started driving. I couldn't help but laugh with her, seeing as the situation was kind of ridiculous.

"I had a terrible dream," I told Amity as I joined her at her locker. She hadn't switched backpacks, I noticed, so the slushie stain was still there. I could've gone to Marley or Kitty. Even Sugar would've heard me out on my dream. But with Amity, the slate was just so much cleaner. So I talked to her instead.

"Oh yeah?" she responded softly.

"Yeah," I said. "I was getting married but I wasn't sure to who. I just know it was one of the glee guys and it was just insane. Anyway... How was your weekend? I didn't get to talk to you since we were training Marley every second."

"I babysat a lot," she said. "I also went out looking for a job."

"Oh, well, I think they're hiring at the Sugar Shack," I said. "I'm sure Sugar could--"

"Get me a job at the place where everyone from school hangs out?" she said. "No thanks."

"There's nothing wrong with having a job," I said as she closed her locker and I followed her down the hall.