Chapter 73: No Habla Español

So I just rewatched the Season 4 finale. And while watching the performance of "Hall of Fame" (which IMO is one of the best glee performances ever) I realized from the beginning of it that if my story were really what happened on glee it would've been really awkward! Because if you remember or go back and rewatch that performance, Jake, Ryder and Sam come out first and sing and knuckle touch and what not all friendly and stuff but at that time Ryder and Sam were at odds because of Julie (she'd just broken up with Sam) so I was watching and thinking well, that couldn't have gone so smoothly in my version!

Just a random thought :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Should we all go in or..?" Unique asked John and Julie when they reached the front door of the place they'd presumably gotten married to each other in.

"I can't..." said Julie. "I can't do this... This isn't happening..."

"Okay, calm down," John said. "Let's be honest here. If you were to have gotten married to someone last night, it probably wouldn't have been me, right? I'm sure this is all just a big messy coincidence."

"Ok, then you go in first..." she responded.

"Uh..." he hesitantly looked at the door.

"Oh, for crying out loud!" Harmony exclaimed. "We do not have time for this!"

She pushed the door open and as soon as she did, a man inside looked up and chuckled. "Fantastic!" he exclaimed. "You're back! Where's the little Irish one?"

"Hi," Ryder said, forcing a smile. "Umm, we were just wondering who got married last night?"

He chuckled again. "Don't remember?" he asked. "Classic! It was those two right there, of course."

He pointed at Harmony and Unique, who looked at each other and both exclaimed, "What?"

"That's not possible," Harmony shook her head. "I don't even have a license, let alone--"

"You left your ID here, actually," the man said, going behind a covered table and retrieving a box with sundry items. He pulled out several things-- dentures, bubble wrap, gum packets-- until he found the ID.

Harmony took it and stared blankly at it, then turned back to the others and hissed, "This is a fake. I've never owned a fake before."

Kitty snatched it from her and burst into laughter. "Betty Humphter?" she snorted. The others laughed, too, except for Unique and Julie.

"It doesn't even make sense," Harmony rolled her eyes. "Maybe without the 'h' it would've been funny."

"I'd like to know why in our right mind we would ever get married to each other when I can barely stand to be in the same room as you," Unique said. 

"We can get it annulled right?" said Harmony as she turned to the guy.

He sighed. "Yes, of course," he told her. "It'll take a few minutes. Follow me."

Unique and Harmony quickly went after the guy. "We'll catch up with you guys later!" exclaimed Harmony. "Go find Dan!"

"And Rory and Bree..." Sugar sighed as Unique and Harmony disappeared. "Let's go then."

"Go where?" asked Jake. "This got us nowhere new."

"Sure it did," Ryder grinned. "Now we know my girlfriend doesn't have a husband."

"But I still don't understand how we got to that hotel room," Julie shook her head. "And the ring."

"Ok, well, where else do you think we went last night?" asked John, scratching his head.