Chapter 19: Burning Up

I'm writing this while watching the intense Brazil v. Colombia World Cup game (I'm a big soccer fan) so sorry if this is filled with little errors. Feel free to point any out, as always, so that I can fix them. In case y'all are wondering, I'm rooting for Germany in the whole thing (they advanced to semi-finals this morning!!!) so fingers crossed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's Artie supposed to be?" asked Bree as she pulled Julie off her feet and dragged her over near the stage to watch the performance.

"I think it's a gingerbread man..." Julie responded, her face still flushed from Sam's introduction. She reddened even more when she saw that they were standing next to Santana and Brittany, the latter who was sporting a fantastic Mad Hatter costume.

Blaine, who was dressed like Nightwing, took a stand in the center, in front of a microphone stand, as Sam and Artie strapped on guitars and Finn took a seat behind a big set of drums. Finn, dressed as Harry Potter, started off with a drum solo that had the room filled with buzz and cheer, and after about thirty seconds was joined by Artie's guitar.

Blaine: I'm hot. You're cold. You go around. Like you know. Who I am. But you don't. You've got me on my toes.

Sam began strumming his guitar as he stood in front of a different microphone stand.

Sam: I'm slipping into the lava. And I'm tryin' to keep from going under. Baby, who turned the temperature hotter? 'Cause I'm burning up, burning up. For you baby.

The crowd cheered as Blaine grabbed his microphone and walked over to where Sam was. Julie looked around anxiously and spotted Ryder, with Tina (a princess), Kurt (Peter Pan) and Puck (Elvis). He was watching the performance and clapping with the others.

Blaine: I fell

Sam: I fell

Blaine: So fast

Sam: So fast

Blaine: Can't hold myself

Sam and Blaine: Back

Blaine smiled, walking away from Sam and pointing at Julie.

Blaine: High heels

Sam nodded.

Sam: High heels

Then Blaine looked at Bree.

Blaine: Red dress

Sam: Red dress!

Blaine: All by yourself... gotta--

Sam and Blaine: Catch my breath!

Sam continued strumming with Blaine next to him bobbing his head and pumping up the crowd.

Sam: I'm slipping into the lava. And I'm tryin' to keep from going under. Baby, who turned the temperature hotter? 'Cause I'm burning up, burning up. For you baby.

Sam walked down from the microphone stand and Blaine followed. Blaine held his microphone in front of Sam as the latter leaned down in front of Bree (who was grinning widely) and Julie (who thought she might pass out) and sang.

Sam: Walk in the room all I can see is you... Oh!

Julie tried to look away, but her eyes were fixed on Sam, whose voice demanded her attention.

Sam: You're staring me down. I know you feel it too.

The drumming stopped and Artie didn't strum his guitar anymore. Now it was just Sam and his guitar. Blaine began clapping and everyone in the crowd followed along with him as Sam took his place back in front of his microphone.