Chapter 77: The Only Way is Up

"I feel good about today," Julie told John as they walked into school together the next morning. "Everything seems... right. Minus the fact that I've hardly spoken to Bree and Kitty... The girls are doing fine and have a good chance of winning Nationals tomorrow. And in a week I think it's possible we'll do the same."

"I'm glad you feel confident about the team because the rest of us don't," John confessed.

"What do you mean?" she asked. "I thought everyone liked where we were at."

John sighed. "We haven't even finished our setlist," said John. "We have one highly unrehearsed number ready and the other two will probably be bad considering we have done nothing towards them."

Julie rolled her eyes. "This is what we do every year," she reminded him.

"Well, not every year do we have two members missing because a third member is keeping them away," John muttered.

She scowled at him. "I am not keeping them away," she told him. "I'm forcing them to choose."

"That's not fair and you know it," John said. "If someone forced you to choose glee club or the Cheerios... What would you do?"

"I'd choose glee club," she said automatically. "You know I'd choose glee club, right?"

"Right," John sighed. "Catch ya later, Jules." He walked away and Julie knew he was convinced the Cheerios were more important to her than New Directions. 

At the other end of the hallway, she was being watched by Carrie and Jordan. "You know what you have to do?" Carrie asked Jordan.

Jordan nodded. "I won't fail you, boss," she said with a grin as she trotted towards Julie. Once in front of her, her smile widened as she said, "Hey, boss. I have good news and bad news."

"Ok..." Julie said, turning to her expectantly. "What is it?"

"Good news," Jordan began. "I know who is leading the insurgency against you. The bad news... Well... It's Bree."

Julie scoffed for a second and then realized she was serious. "That can't be," she said, though deep down she believed it.

"I thought you might be doubtful," said Jordan as she pulled her phone out of her pocket. "So here it is... I've got proof."

Julie looked down at the screen as a video began, which looked up to what was clearly Bree's face. She was quiet for a moment before saying, "We all have a problem with Julie so we all have to do something to take her down. Not just me. So as long as we can all agree to do the same, I will be willing to go as far as is necessary to--" Julie pushed the phone back towards Jordan and remained quiet for a moment.

"It's--" Jordan began, but Julie was already storming away. She rounded several hallways, followed by Jordan, before reaching Bree, who was giggling away with Kitty and some of the other girls.

"You bitch!" Julie exclaimed as she grabbed Bree's shoulder and forced her around.

"What the--" Bree cried as Julie shoved her towards a locker.

"You are such a backstabber," Julie hissed, raising a fist up angrily as she launched towards Bree, only to be held back by Jake.

"Julie, what is the matter with you?" Kitty asked, completely alarmed by the situation as Bree watched her friend worriedly and tried to remain calm.

"I can't believe I was stupid enough to believe you had changed," Julie spat towards Bree. "I mean, seriously. You are nothing more than a sharp tongue on a really nasty girl and I am sickened just by looking at you. I can assure you that I'll do whatever I need to do to make sure you don't cheer tomorrow. Or ever again."