Chapter 59: Poor Unfortunate Souls

"So I was thinking you and I could do a number together," Shana told Unique as she followed her out of the choir room.

"Why would I agree to that?" asked Unique, giving her a weird look.

"Because we're both hot, black women and would kill it together?" offered Shana.

Unique rolled her eyes and continued walking but Shana was not ready to give up. "I don't know why you're so threatened by me," she began. "But I think--"

"Uh, uh," Unique said, stopping and turning to face her. "Let me autocorrect that for you. I am not threatened by you. If anything, I'm pestered. I am not a lesbian."

"You're not straight either," Shana said, crossing her arms defiantly.

Unique put one annoyed finger in the air and said, "Listen to me when I say this. You're attractive. I can see why any guy or lesbian would be into you. But I'm not."

"You could be," Shana shrugged. "If I had a dollar for every girl I've turned, I'd--"

"You're not a vampire!" Unique exclaimed. "You don't have that sort of power. Even if you could, I just don't have time for that sort of thing, okay? I have one goal in life. Become a star. I am not ready to throw away time that could be spent on me into a relationship, alright? Want someone who doesn't wanna go into showbiz? Great. Any of those skinny little primpy Cheerios would do great. Kitty and Bree are single. Go try to 'turn' them." She put airquotes around turn, rolling her eyes as she said the word, and then walked away, heading for class.

As the hallways emptied, Shana watched her go and grinned. "She said I was attractive," she giggled to herself, turning around and rushing to her next class.

***

Dear Journal... I'm once again at a total loss. I had it all. I was Principal. I had Robin. Everyone feared me. But now... I've been found to be incompetent. INCOMPOTENT? ME? I was outraged. Apparently everything I did for McKinley wasn't enough so they brought in that awful woman. They used to treat me like Hillary but now I've been feeling like Sarah Palin. I had to put an end to it, beginning by bringing the power back to my Cheerios now that Roz is out of the way.

Sue looked up from her journal, a frown on her face and a creased brow adding five years to her age. She shook her head and continued writing.

I had the perfect plan and it began with destroying that glee club. I've seen the way Emma and Will have been kissing up to Lisa Hallman. They've got her wrapped around their fingers. She's not likely to cut them or that awful God Squad I've been meaning to get rid of. Cheerios aren't looking too good so I thought I'd make them seem better. Starting with a new captain, that Julie girl. She was the perfect candidate. Best grades, no behavioral issues, treasured by glee club. Nobody would dare mess with my Cheerios with her on top. But now everything has fallen to pieces.

She put the pen down, rubbing her temples with frustration. When she had enough of a break, she grabbed the pen again and scribbled as fast as she could, her handwriting getting messier.

Should I continue, Journal? Should I risk the fragile girl's sanity after everything she's been through? Or should I assume she's a warrior like one Sue Sylvester and carry out my plans for her and the squad? How do I work around her guilt, Journal? 

Sue looked up from her journal suddenly and called out, "Becky, bring--" Then she stopped, her voice trailing off as she realized she didn't have a trusted sidekick anymore. She needed one and she needed one soon.

***

"Hey pretty girl," said Bree as she joined Amity at her locker between classes. "What are you doing for Disney week?"