Character Contest

As mentioned in the finale (feels like a TV show sometimes lol), I am going to allow for the addition of one more character. Don't be afraid to send one my way. It'll be of very similar structure to the last character contest. Here are the rules/things to keep in mind:

Name: kinda a given, but try to keep it a name that is not too rare or too common. For instance, I would much rather get a name like Marissa than something common like Emily or Jennifer or something. But at the same time, I don't want to have a name like Jupiner or Zahyn (real names, I googled it). Nothing against the names, I've just found that being choosey with names is important when writing a story. An example of this is Amity Hills, whose name I LOVED when I got that character entry from katiehall77.

Gender: This character can be boy or girl but keep in mind that I will already have 5 guys and 8 girls-- this considering Unique as a girl. That being said, I am a little bit more partial towards more guys. An example of this is Alexis Zimmerman (aka Alex), who had actually been submitted as a girl entry by redblacklady. I loved the character, but was really leaning more towards a guy, so I took the entry and gender-flopped it. Again, if you REALLY want it to be a girl and think you can still wow me with the rest of it, then sure, make a girl. But most likely, I will be taking a guy entry or a really awesome girl entry. If you want, it can be a girl entry and then tell me if you mind a gender-swap or not.

Sexuality: You have various choices. Straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual. You decide. Keep in mind that this may define them partially and don't be afraid to choose whichever you want. I'm open to any of them. 

Looks Like: (this can be a celebrity your character looks like or just a plain description-- either is fine with me)

Background: I basically just want to know about this person's family, heritage, and where they were before joining glee club and stuff that led up to it.

Age/Grade: Freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior? You decide! Again, keep in mind that most of my current characters will be seniors and the rest (Amity, Alex, Dan and Shana) will be juniors. So I'm leaning towards sophomores and freshman. 

Academic level: We have the nerds established (Julie, Amity, Rory and the closeted genius Alex) and then there are the not so smart kids. Wherever your character may fall, let me know.

Singing Level: To make this easy, just tell me a singer that your character sounds most closely like. Or alternatively, rate them from 1-10 (imo, Rachel, Mercedes and Santana are in the 10 area, Finn, Tina and Quinn are in the middle, and Brittany, Sugar and Mike would be at the bottom. I obviously love all of these characters so don't get offended!)

Audition Song: Every character needs a great debut song. If the song is already used or I have specific plans to use it, I will let you know, so don't stress about this too much. Also, if the debut song is different than the audition song, tell me both (for example, Julie's debut song was "Part of Your World" but her audition song was "King of Anything" so that sort of thing would be good to know).

Dancing Level: Are you any good? We have a lot of good dancers already so keep that in mind.

Style: Basically what does your character typically wear to school. Cheerios outfit? Jeans? Dresses? You can also give me a celebrity fashion icon if that's better. This isn't as important, as I hardly talk about clothes. 

Archetype: this show is full of them. so are you the hipster, the class clown, the jock, the nerd, the cheerleader (yes, they will still be around), etc?

Previous Relationships: Does your character have a past with any of the current glee club members? Do you hate Julie, have a crush on Jake, etc?

Miscellaneous: (anything else that is crucial to developing)

RULES BEFORE YOU GET STARTED:

Learning from what I saw last time, there will be some storyline repeats that I'd like to avoid. I will not be taking:

-Romances with Jake (seriously, he has enough of those already-- he's a manwhore but it's unrealistic for all of his women to be in glee club and get along so let's not go there!)
-Divorced/Single parents (there are several of these also-- Note, this can be true of your character but if you want it to be a super important to their storyline, I'll just ignore that part because almost EVERYONE sent something about that last time)
-A super genius character (kinda already have those)
-Repeat "thing" they struggle with. Unless you want to make a really strong case for yourself the following are basically off limits: eating disorders, bipolar disorder, drugs (includes heavy drinking and smoking), extreme poverty, absentee parents, dyslexia, being a complete loner. I think anything else is still fair game. Trust me, there is still SO much you can include (and you don't have to include something, I guess, if you want to have just an average Joe-- LOL, poor Joe).
-The most amazing singer on the planet (we have Harmony, Julie and Marley. We don't need more) I get that we all want our character to shine and they will. Just not by being the most amazing singer on the planet.
-That's all I can think of so there you go. Have fun and I am really looking forward to all of your creative ideas! If I love too many of them I may extend it to more than just one new addition!

-----------------------

Also, be on the lookout for the next story, which will be titled "Back to the Top" so you won't miss any updates. I will probably post it in a few minutes but definitely by morning (that's Tuesday morning) it will be up and ready to be added to your libraries! :)

****UPDATE: I've already posted the next story so add that to your libraries so that you can get updates when I post the first chapter! (it has no cover because the character details aren't sorted yet)***

Also, PM them to me!