CHAPTER 54: THE DANGER

“I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.” – Cassandra Clare

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

The sun's thick noon rays found their way to overwhelm the shrouding growing leaves around the thin branches of the tall trees that surrounded the Byun's residence. Fortunately, the successful rays that penetrated through the trees softened as they reached the cream-colored curtains inside Baekhyun's room giving a misted air, showing that the last days of spring are going to end soon.

There lays Baekhyun, his head plopped messily on top of a thick empty scrapbook against the rectangular table. He's usually snoring like a small puppy with his tired limbs sprawled around the expanse.

He just fell asleep with oil pastels marked in his palms that dug his nails as he designed that particular masterpiece.

Yeah, the closing ceremony had just taken place two days ago. It was a good day, Mrs.Byun and Taehyung accompanied Baekhyun on the stage to get his multiple awards. Chanyeol has his mother, though as expected, his father isn't around like the past years of his closing program of the school year, not even when he graduated elementary. However, he doesn't care anymore.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun enjoyed the program, having a couple of shots in their cameras kissing, hugging, and just smiling. It was a shiny day for them. A perfect day. And Baekhyun got an idea to compile every photo of them in a huge scrapbook.

And so, Baekhyun is trying to prepare a thick scrapbook for Chanyeol and him, the reason why he's tired all day long.

"Not again," there comes Chanyeol's sigh who has a half annoyed, half deeply concerned voice when he opened the midget's door slowly and saw his lover who's deep in his sleep. The point is, he doesn't want Baekhyun tiring himself from anything.

Except for their bedroom sessions, of course.

Sighing, he set the tray in the table which had contained a glass full of milk and a couple of cookies that he tried baking himself.

He crouched closer to Baekhyun, the sweet sunlight hit the smaller's face smoothly, glowing under the shine. He watched the face of the man that made him fall in love as if counting the eyelashes that beautifully grew just on the latter's lids.

"Hyunnie, baby." Chanyeol softly called, his eyes bored on the snoring pup with fond eyes. He caressed the latter's fringe and swipe it away from his forehead.

Chanyeol saw that Baekhyun have a small drool on the side of his lips, chuckling, he looked around, and when he made sure that no one was watching— as if there was, he leaned in and stole a kiss from him, wiping the drool away.

"I guess I have to carry you again then." Chanyeol shrugged, sighing in content as he stood up. Slowly but surely, he lifted Baekhyun above with his strong arms, carrying him bridal style.

As he gently carried the small body in his arms towards the small bed, he imagined himself being Baekhyun's husband for the rest of his life and it was beautiful.

He imagines how the smaller give him morning kisses, heavenly dishes prepared at the table three meals a day, a good massage every time gets home from his tiring work, someone who could please him when he was bored, he imagines how magical it feels every time they would kiss. A perfect imagination.