CHAPTER 47: GOLDEN

“You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicolas Sparks

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

After the Christmas party that happened to be traumatizing to Baekhyun, the tall brooding male didn't leave him again.

At night, Chanyeol would get overnights on the Byun residence laying beside Baekhyun and wrapping his brawny arms around his small frame. The smaller would bury himself between Chanyeol and the small space on the bed through the night.

He would have constant nightmares hunting him and Yeol doesn't want to leave Baekhyun alone while dealing with it.

In the middle of the freezing nights, Baekhyun would cry as the constant nightmares hunt him down his core that he ends up abruptly walking up while soaked in sweat. Chanyeol was there with him though, as he mumbles sweet and protective murmurs around the latter who was clutching him so tight as Chanyeol wipes the tears with his thumb.

"Baek, it's okay. Shhh...It's okay." Chanyeol spoons Baekhyun's body around his arms and rubs the latter's back in circular motions as he soothe him.

"Hhnnghh... C-Chanyeol, I'm scared." Baekhyun whimpered in the latter's chest as he cries himself into sleep while Chanyeol soothes him with some reassuring words of protection and love.

There comes a time when Chanyeol wasn't around, Baekhyun would creep to Taehyung's room and snuggle his brother while tearing up silently. Taehyung would comfort him but he couldn't just do what Chanyeol could do so he ends up staying awake a bit later to soothe the latter's pain.

"Mrs.Byun, I would like to take Baek on a vacation this Christmas holiday. That's if you agree." Chanyeol spoke, determined to make Baekhyun better.

They're standing on the balcony as they held two cups of warm coffees in their hands to prevent the cold creep on their bones.

One black. One with cream.

Mrs.Byun looks at Chanyeol for a second and smiles.

"You're a good kid since you were young Chanyeol. Protecting Baek and all. Having him by your side all the time. Saving him. Loving him." Mrs.Byun spoke as he sipped on his warm creamed coffee.

"And I'm so thankful for that. And I trust you so much that I would agree on the things you would decide because I know you wouldn't hurt Baekhyun." Mrs.Byun patted Chanyeol's shoulder and the taller blushed.

"Thanks, Mrs.Byun. Thanks for trusting me. So does that mean it's okay to take Baekhyun away in this town for a week or two?" Chanyeol asked.

"Mm. If that's what you want and if that's what you think would Baekhyun love." She assured. She couldn't ease Baekhyun's nightmares and the only person she knows to erase those bad memories was through Chanyeol.

"Thanks, Mrs.Byun."

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

Baekhyun saw Chanyeol rolling a cigarette in his hand while he sat in the elevation of their house.

Chanyeol hadn't been lighting up a cigarette since a long long time ago and that makes Baekhyun feel guilty. Chanyeol only uses cigarettes when he's in deep frustration.