CHAPTER 45: MR.PARK

Baekhyun was holding a box of color pencils in his hand admiring the coloring material. His bright eyes and a humble smile flashed over the front prints of the color pencils.

"Aren't they beautiful?" Baekhyun asked over Chanyeol who's busy searching for something worthy to buy.

"Are you going to buy it?" Chanyeol asked as he stood beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun just smiled.

"No. It's too pretty." He answered without looking away from the colored pencils in his hands.

"Too pretty?" Chanyeol asked. He's a bit confused. This time, Baekhyun faced Chanyeol with a slight shine on his face.

"I can't afford pretty things. Pretty things are expensive, Chanyeol. I don't have money to buy them." He humbly answered.

"I still got money," Chanyeol responded.

"Keep your money, you still need to buy that ball you're talking about all this week," Baekhyun spoke as he put down the different colored pencils on the shelves of coloring materials.

Chanyeol thought about it for a second.

"But I have lots of money." Chanyeol raised.

"Chanyeol, it's not your money, it's your father's money. Besides we needed to save for the things we wanted to buy. I'll save money for that one." Baekhyun spoke.

"Dad buys everything I want. And there's no point in saving money Baekkie." He argued.

"No saving money for you, but me it'll take me three weeks of saving to buy these beautiful coloring pencils." He said in a matter-of-fact tone as he carefully placed the box of colored pencils on the shelf.

"Baek, please? I wanted to buy that for you." Chanyeol spoke, his mind is no longer buying the ball he wanted once he knew that Baekhyun wanted something.

"Chanyeol, not this time," Baekhyun warned. Chanyeol sighed. He can't force Baekhyun into something like this. He knew that Baekhyun doesn't want to be spoiled with all the riches of the latter.

"Okay," He sighed again.

"Let's go," Chan said as he held the strap of his bag.

"Aren't you going to buy the ball?" Baekhyun asked.

"No. I don't have the mood." Chanyeol sighed again, averting his gaze around everywhere except Baekhyun.

"Why? Are you feeling not well?" Baekhyun asked while feeling Chanyeol's forehead and neck with the small of the back of his hand.

"Let's just go," Chanyeol spoke again.

"Do you want water? I have some in my tumbler. Are you hungry? Thirsty? Feeling sick? Tell me." Baekhyun worriedly asked.

Chanyeol abruptly faced Baekhyun with a frustrated expression.

"Just let me buy the color pencil please, it'll make me feel well. Please? I mean it's not that expensive... Baekhyun.. please?" Chanyeol practically begged. He got this heavy feeling on his chest that his best friend couldn't buy something he wants because he doesn't have the means to buy it. And it makes him feel bad knowing that life is so unfair that the kind of Baekhyun can't do the things they wanna do because he is poor.