CHAPTER 31: TWO MEN FALLING

Little Baekhyun was just sitting alone on the swing at the corner of the playground. His honey-brown eyes taking a glimpse a couple of times now, on the kids who are having fun playing.

He was just a kid, around nine years old and his expression is quite easy to read. His lips were thinned in a humble smile yet his eyes were glassy and sad. These days were the times Chanyeol was still eating his lunch in restaurants at times that leads the latter to be alone.

Baekhyun was lonely. That was given. Showing how his shoulders droop down with that pitiful eyes that no one could see. For a child's feelings that are subtle like a dry leaf.

He wanted to play too. This thought swam in his innocent mind. That sounds good, sounds fun.

And then afterward he felt bad.

They don't want to play with him.

Why?

Because he was not that fast to run? Not quick to react? Does not know how the game works? Does look so fragile and a loser?

For the others, Yes...

"Hey, Baek!" There goes the taller's voice.

Baekhyun's ears as if almost twitched by the sound of the approaching boy. His mind jolted happiness in his eyes and his heart.

"Chanyeol!" He ran up to Chanyeol once he saw the latter.

"Done eating?" He asked as he rested his small palms on the taller's chest.

"Yup. The food was good!" The taller spoke enthusiastically. Baekhyun smiled at the latter's response.

"You can leave now." Chanyeol orders his guard-slash-babysitter.

"You? Have you already eaten your lunch?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yes." Baekhyun was fast to answer.

"Really?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Y-Yess.." Baekhyun answered again, smiling a toothy one.

"Yah, Baekhyun??" Chanyeol sternly spoke. The smaller's smile falters for a moment before curling his toes.

"Chanyeol... I didn't have lunch today... I forgot to bring my lunchbox." Baekhyun trailed off, feeling ashamed. The reality was he doesn't have anything for lunch today.

Chanyeol raised his brow examining Baekhyun. And after a while, he sighed.

"Good." He smiled. This brought confusion to the younger's face.

"I brought you some from that restaurant." He announced. Fishing a red lunch box from his bag and handed it to Baekhyun.

"This is for you. Now eat. I don't want you starving." He spoke again as if he's in authority.

"This is for me?" Baekhyun asked, his stomach grumbling in hunger.

"Yup. Now eat." Chanyeol reassures.

Baekhyun hesitated for a while yet he reached the box and held it on his chest.

"Thanks, Yeol... I mean... really.." his eyes began to wet with tears but he kept it.