CHAPTER 26: BARRIERS

“You’re nothing short of my everything. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

"Bro, are you alright?" Kris asked as he leaned closer beside Chanyeol who was out of his trance again for the nth time of the day, staring into space flooding his mind with thoughts.

When Kris realized that Chanyeol didn't seem to catch up with what he just asked, he flicked his hands in front of the giant's face. The latter then swiftly looked at his teammates, clueless.

"Chanyeol, can you please be yourself even just for a minute?" Suho sighed, leaning against a locker. They were sitting on the benches of the locker area as they just finished practicing.

"Anyway, where is Sehun? We're going to practice soon." Suho asked craning his neck around while taking a glimpse at his watch.

"Probably at the music club again with Baek- Aww! What's that for?!-oh..." Kai hissed as he was jabbed on the ribs by Lay. He realized that Chanyeol had been bringing up the bomb because of a certain person that happens to be Baekhyun.

Chanyeol just looked down with his brown orbs drooping sad and bothered. He didn't even bother to answer, he felt sick and he just wanted to get home and lock himself up behind his bedroom doors.

Honestly speaking, the group has been worried and at the same time annoyed with the fact that their captain ball wasn't performing well at all lately. Chanyeol had been gloomy and inattentive since last week. Since he and Baekhyun seemed to be ignoring each other.

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

"Baekhyun," Kyungsoo started. If the giant is pacing out, then so did the smurf. Baekhyun is just sulking there as he finished rehearsing a song they are going to perform in the upcoming program in their school.

The latter looked at Kyungsoo with his droopy almond orbs and flashed a convincing smile. He may be faking his smiles these past few days but he cannot avoid instances like staring into blank space, thinking.

"I'm sorry, what?" He hummed with his smooth voice when he regained his composure.

"See? You're not listening at all. Are you and Chanyeol hadn't talked to each other yet?" Kyungsoo asked letting go of the microphone that he was holding. Baekhyun just looked down feeling the wave of pain hit his chest. The doe-eyed male suddenly felt bad by the latter's sudden behavior and so he moved closer and rub the latter's back trying to comfort him.

Luhan just got inside the music club with fries and burgers in his hands. He saw how Baekhyun suppress his tears to freely flow down.

"Hey, Hey, hey, young man, why are you crying again?" Luhan grabbed him gently on the wrist and hugged him dearly. He flashed a questioning look at Kyungsoo and from the looks of the latter, he already knew the reason why Baekhyun was like this.

"H-He's my best friend and he's the only one who had been there for me. And now he's ignoring me. Maybe he realized that he's better off with me. Who would want to be with me anyways." Baekhyun sighed while biting back his tears as he accepted the warm hugs that came from his new friends, Kyungsoo and Luhan.

"You're also ignoring him. And Baek, it's just a misunderstanding, it's not a breakup." Kyungsoo stated.

"You know, Baek. Sometimes we crave the ones who we used to make ourselves feel better and more comfortable. But Baekhyun, you just can't depend on someone forever, and with the fact that there are lots of people out there who could make you feel secure and happy like the old ones. We are here for you, we could be friends or best friends as long as you accept us in your life." Luhan mumbled as he set the foods into his lap and tried comforting their new member of the music club.