CHAPTER 39: COMPLICATIONS

"HEY! Why did you draw on my basketball ball??!!" Chanyeol was beyond anger as he saw his ball being drawn with kites, assorted shapes, his name, and other childish things using permanent colored markers.

He glared at the pup who was looking at him cluelessly. The right side of Baek's lips was tugged sideward, his tongue stuck out a little while he was caught red-handed having different sorts of markers in his hands.

"Didn't you like it? I drew butterflies, kites, flowers—"

"MY DAD GAVE THAT TO ME WHEN I WAS 4! I DIDN'T EVEN USE IT FOR PLAYING BECAUSE I DON'T WANT IT TO GET DIRTY AND YOU JUST DREW ON IT LIKE A FREAKING SCRATCH PAPER?!!" Chanyeol was now fuming as he stomped towards the boy who was innocently sitting on the tiled floor with markers and a ball in between his short thighs.

Chanyeol abruptly snatched the ball from the latter's hands, hurting the smaller's arms a little. Chanyeol was so angry at that time because the ball was really valuable to him and it had the most sentimental value to him at a young age.

"I don't want anyone touching and meddling things that were mine! Understand?!" Chanyeol yelled as he groaned, turning his back from the startled boy who had never had the chance to talk.

Baekhyun just nodded as his lower lip quivered and trembled by Chanyeol's sudden outrageous approach.

It was a couple of meters away when the taller heard sobs behind him. With his flickered eyes and furrowed eyebrows,  Chanyeol looked back and he witnessed Baekhyun splayed sitting on the floor while struggling to wipe the tears from his face.

The smaller was deeply hurt because he exerted so much effort hoping that his best friend would like it but it turned out to be the other way around.

"I'm really sow sowry, Chanyeol. I'm—I thought you would like it. I will never do it again. I will never touch your toys anymore." He muffled his tears, covering his face in an attempt to stop his tears and his sobbing.

Chanyeol gasped and was taken aback. He didn't expect that the smaller would be affected that much. And he just realized how harsh he was and he regretted it.

Going back to where the latter was, he crouched down.

"Hey, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to shout at you. Please don't cry anymore. I— I liked it! Yeah! I like your drawings." Chanyeol started hugging the smaller in between his arms and rubbing his back.

Well, In fact, he did really realize that he liked it.

"No. You don't like it, you're disappointed and I'm sorry." Baekhyun sniffled, pulling the ball, and tried to brush the drawings that were plastered on it with his palms. —he didn't even know that it's a permanent marker.

He cried louder when the markers don't seem to vanish from the ball at all.

"

W-Why won't you be erased..." He pouted as he sniffled miserably.

Baekhyun spent a couple of moments trying to brush it out with his palms and with the hem of his shirt but it really don't get off.