CHAPTER 19: HIS FEELINGS

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way.” – Pablo Neruda

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

It is the last day of scout camping and it was a mountain hiking day. Sighing, Baekhyun hummed while struggling to balance his steps from climbing up the rocky mountainside carefully. He wiped his sweat with the back of his hand and puffed some ragged breaths. He was holding a red flag in his right hand, tripping countless times in the way, making a certain giant get annoyed but at the same time, he's always there to catch him.

"Tch. Just let me carry you, Baek. Your short legs can't handle the steepness of the mountain." Chanyeol reasoned out, not trusting Baek's clumsiness for the nth time. Baekhyun just glared at him rolling his eyes and ignoring the giant.

The fresh airwaves the atmosphere and the sunlight was seeping from the tree leaves. Bird chirps were heard and the sound of waterfall soothed them from the exhaustion lightly.

Baekhyun nearly tripped from a huge stone and Chanyeol saw it.

"I don't know that short-legged humans are this stubborn." He sighed under his breath.

"Yah! Do you dare to judge my short legs, hm? I will show that short people can also hike a mountain!" Baekhyun exclaimed and ranted like a kid mumbling incoherent words while defending his legs.

Once they reached the top of the mountain, Chanyeol and the rest took a break under a large tree. Baekhyun, being the smallest and the most inexperienced creature he is, has the hardest experience. However, he felt proud and patted his short legs from the achievement and nearly cried in hou but then he yawned tiredly and he felt his body ached from the lack of energy and stamina.

They put the flag in the middle to mark that they've been there and decided to head down the mountain after a few minutes.

The smallest unconsciously leaned on Sehun who was the nearest and shamelessly let his body fall on him. Chanyeol saw how Baekhyun was drained from energy and suddenly felt a churn of guilt from his stomach out of mixed emotions.

First, he felt proud because the so-called puppy reached on top of the mountain without anyone's help. Secondly, he was sad and guilty looking at the tired body of his best friend who fell asleep and snoring loudly like a tired pup.

However, he felt annoyed at how Baekhyun's stubbornness made him frustrated, he asked him a lot of times during the hiking to let him be carried but he rejected it. He offered anything but the stubborn, determined smurf just waved it off and proved that he can climb a mountain with his short legs.

He climbed successfully but look at him now, he looked like a hibernating bear.- And his hands are on Sehun's lap, dangerously close at his...

Without a second thought, Chanyeol snatched Baekhyun on his arms carefully and pulled him away from Sehun possessively, carrying him chest to chest. He put the smaller's arms on his shoulders and lifted him and guided Baekhyun to straddle his legs on his waist and his right hand and arm supported Baekhyun's weight. Baekhyun's head dozed from side to side tirelessly and finally rested on between the crook of Chanyeol's neck and shoulder as he mumbled words dreamily, things like good job short legs.

"He tamed the lion on you, Chanyeol," Suho mocked, seeing the tired Chanyeol carry Baekhyun with security and care. Chanyeol just gave a small sarcastic smile as he carried the sleeping boy.