CHAPTER 34: NEW GIRL

“Sometimes I wonder if love is worth fighting for, but then I remember your face and I’m ready for war.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

💞 F L A S H B A C K 💞

"Luhan, can you do me a favor?" Sehun asked quietly when he finished chewing his food. Luhan's worried eyes glinted as he leaned closer to Sehun.

"W-what is it, Sehun?" Luhan's voice was uncertain. The atmosphere also didn't help because of the silence.

Sehun stared for a minute as he was gathering his words. Once he was ready, he held Luhan's shoulders and looked at him in the eyes.

Luhan gulped as his cheeks began heating up.

"Baekhyun is your friend, right?" Luhan blinked thrice as he analyze what did Sehun asked him.

Right. He wanted Baekhyun...

He doesn't know what to react yet he surely knows that his chest got heavy.

"Yeah, do you like him?" It's a bit blunt and, weirdly, Luhan didn't stutter as he let out those words that his lips had cast.

"Can you help me get close to him? Can you do that for me?" Luhan can't do anything other than breathe out as he prevented his heart from crumbling down.

Of course, his heart was thumping fast because of the close proximity but he can't deny that it was already getting broken. Being shattered.

"You already know that Chanyeol likes Baekhyun, why are you still into him?" I'm the one who's here. Luhan felt pain but he couldn't stop his mouth.

"You may not understand it, Luhan. You'll do everything to have the person you like. And I'm sure that one day you'll understand when you start falling for someone too." Sehun spoke, diverting his eyes outside the window.

Luhan tried to blink fast to blink back the welcoming tears as he had been doing it for a long time, —for Sehun.

"Yeah, of course, I can do it. For you." Luhan gripped himself together as he don't want to feel ridiculous and stupid right now.

Because how are you supposed to react when you're facing the person you love, saying that he loves someone else? And with the fact that he's seeking help to get to that person with your cooperation?

"Sehun, I'm going now. Bye." He said, brushing the arms that rested on his shoulders. And leaving the suffocating room for once.

Once he got out of the room, he felt how hopeless and stupid he was. He wiped down his tears and strolled down the halls.

That's when Baekhyun saw him.

"Lu, are you crying?" Baekhyun asked. I thought he agreed on assisting Sehun. Baekhyun whispered to himself.

"No, I'm not, Baek." Luhan lied with a curt smile.

"Are you really okay?" Baekhyun asked once again.

"Yes," Luhan tried another fake smile.