CHAPTER 8: RAIN

“Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I want to smile.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

💕B A E K H Y U N ' S P O V💕

Dark gray clouds and angry thunder was evident in that gloomy afternoon. And not long after, the rain already poured through the earth and embraced the pavements and roofs outside, drenching everything in contact.

I was on my way to the library when I realised that it was raining hard outside that I can barely see the school grounds. It was dark and cold due to the scary clouds that covered the sky and the eerie swishing sound of the wind blades that made me shiver is not helping at all.

I wandered around the long hallway of our building, passing few students until I ended up in the basketball court. There I can see Chanyeol practicing with his fellow players. He was indeed a great basketball player, for the nth time I can't imagine I happened to become his bestfriend. He stunningly steadied his calloused hands and focused his sight on the ring, aimed the ball and in a second the ball beautifully hoops in the ring. I just admire the passion and determination that's adjacent on every moves he does on that court.

I had to admit that he was the most handsome and most talented person I had ever encountered. Well, maybe because he's the only one who can stand my weak nobody status. Being his best friend alone made me gain eyes on me at school but I managed to ignore it. He looks perfect with his new jerseys as well as the others but there's no doubt, he stands out the most. I can clearly see how passionate he is in his field of talent and it makes my heart melt. He's indeed perfect, unlike me.

Yet, I'm still happy because I got a friend like him. He was incomparable, he always take care for me, worry about me and always beside me no matter how tight his schedules are. And so, I promised to do the same thing to him.

I decided to go home by myself today,— big factor was because I don't want to take his only time to rest. I know he's already tired and I don't want to disturb him and make him get tired even more. Bestfriends don't burden each other right?

I exited the building while curling my fingers around the front strap of my backpack and I was met with the utterly forceful and cold wind that almost swayed my entire frame.

I covered my backpack with plastic bag so that it'll not get soaked in rain before sprinting through the raging rain towards the empty bus stop on the other side of the street infront of the campus gate.

I'm waiting for the bus there. My clothes are already drenched in rainwater for almost thirty minutes now but there's no view of busses coming toward my location at all. The sky was already eaten up by the darkness so does my anxiety. I can feel my knees and feet getting numb and my head getting heavy because of the cold rain. I think I'm getting a fever, I surely does. Like what do you expect from a low resistance kid...

Then I suddenly sneezed.

Great Baekhyun, just great.

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

"The weather is not good. Is there a typhoon or something?" Xiumin asked when he heard booming sounds of rain up the corridor while dragging his duffle bag, wiping the sweat that's dripping on his temples.

"I guess so." Kris replied.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked the giant who was currently checking his phone, for almost a million times now since the practice was done.