CHAPTER 53: A WARNING

“Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” — Oscar Wilde

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

There's that certain afternoon, orange skies and purple hues swam above as Baekhyun busied himself in baking Chanyeol's personal cookies— which means, it's exclusively for him. The aroma was so nice that compliments the golden light seeping from the sun in the spring season with a cup of hot steaming coffee.

Everything went just fine with the last few weeks of Chanyeol staying over at the Byun's residence. There, he learned how to value things much greater, he learned how to shop clothes with the help of Baekhyun with his discounting skills, he learned how to cook rice, wash laundry, be thrifty, and all the kinds of things that Baekhyun lived his life all the years. He learned how to become poor at once.

And this made him feel really sad at first but fell deeper with the smaller even more as he knew that the love of his life has been raised with many wonders.

Closing time is already near, it's only two weeks ahead and finals are done so there's nothing to worry about because they're both honor students.— well, Baekhyun excelled in academics while Chanyeol excelled in sports as he is a varsity player.

Baekhyun yelped when he felt brawny arms hold his slim waist while his broad chest touched his back. He felt a rumble and a deep chuckle coming from behind him and so, he sighed and smiled any less. A shade of pink creeping on his cheeks.

"What's for dinner?" Chanyeol asked like he's a husband asking his partner for dinner. He got even closer to Baekhyun's head, trapping the latter in between his body and from the counter.

"Leftover meat from last night with fresh vegetable added today." Smiling as he stirred the pan with the wooden spatula. He felt the taller's chin plops on his right shoulder and there's a moment of silence took place as he watched Baekhyun do his cooking.

"Why? Are you already fed up by the dishes that are being prepared in this household?" Baekhyun asked, lips tugging upwards as he felt Chanyeol stiffen a little. Actually, Chanyeol was just mesmerized by Baekhyun's cooking and decided to watch him longer but then the latter accused him falsely.

In addition, Baekhyun knew Chanyeol liked his dishes basing on how much he was eating these days. The smaller wouldn't be surprised if Chanyeol gains much to wait for the next coming days.

"What're you saying, I could eat these dishes in a lifetime! Your food here is so delicious even if it's simple," Chanyeol spoke defensively, smiling at the thought that he may taste Baekhyun's dishes, forever.

"Then why are you still asking me out four times a week to eat outside?" Baekhyun blushingly retorted, concealing the smile on his face. Chanyeol realized that the latter was toying him.

"So we could have alone time. A time for me to admire you all alone." Chanyeol confessed as he sighed and breathed in Baekhyun's scent, memorizing every detail on the latter's neck.

Baekhyun secretly smiled as he held and squeezed Chanyeol's hand with his free hand.

"Here, taste it," Baekhyun spoke and held a spatula in front of Chanyeol's face.

Chanyeol happily obliged as he opened his mouth and move forward.

"How was it?" Baekhyun asked but the second Chanyeol savored the food was that he already latched his lips on the smaller's thin ones.