CHAPTER 43: SECRETS

"I would like to become a cook someday!" A cute bubbly smurf cheered as he bit on his cotton candy. Balancing himself from the edge of the elevated side of the walking area in the street.

"Mm. How 'bout you?" The sweet tooth asked, swaying the cotton candy from right to left. Delighted by the taste he was devouring in his tongue.

"I would like to become the best basketball player in the whole world so that I'll become famous and rich," Chanyeol stated coolly, his arms were flung on the smaller's shoulders.

"You're rich already. See, you treated me again." Baekhyun grinned as he shoves the sweet in front of Chanyeol's face that the taller bought for him, then averting his eyes in front of the bricked pavement. The tall kid just rolled his eyes and held the smaller closer.

The autumn has come to wash the land. Crispy reddish brown, golden and orangey leaves found their way on the ground, covering it and making it kind of a beautiful, calming sight.

They're just young kids but they have big dreams and goals that they wanted to achieve.— well, not to mention that these kinds of topics were rarely pop out of their minds.

Chanyeol realized that he was walking on the outer part of the road which was the safe corner while Baekhyun was in between, where the busy vehicles are buzzing.

"C' mere to this side," Chanyeol instructed leading the clueless Baekhyun beside the fence so that he wouldn't clumsily trip himself on the busy road and get hit by a moving motorcycle or car.

"You should cook for me someday," Chanyeol spoke after a long silence. Baekhyun tilted his head to look at the male who was looking straight forward.

Even back then, Chanyeol was ahead of much much height than the little boy already.

"You should teach me basketball, first." Baekhyun bargained, grinning.

"You can't even hold the ball right because your hands are too small. How can you even play basketball? I can't imagine. Really." Chanyeol smirked. Looking at the sudden riled-up smurf who's pouting rather, cutely.

"Whatever. Someday I'll become a successful cook or a pastry maker. You'll see!" Baekhyun folded his arms eyes narrowed and he had this cute frown.

"You're so small. How can you even cook? Do you cook already?" Chanyeol tried to tease Baekhyun more.

"Yeah. I cook the rice! I cook fried, boiled, and sunny-side-up eggs at home! My eomma gives me full responsibility in our small kitchen in the morning to serve coffee and bread and I cook ramen too.—That sounds a cook for me." Baekhyun puffed out, a blush ran through his cheeks as he was out of breath from bringing all the specific examples of his life being a cook.

"You're like our maids at home. They do the same thing you do." Chanyeol answered, kicking an oval stone forward.

"That's because you're rich. You don't need to do all the tasks like what we do. We're only poor and my mom needs to work so hard, just so we can have something to fill our tummies." Baekhyun nibbled his lower lip as he remembered the days they only eat plain rice balls.

The golden rays of the sun that are beginning to leave was fanning the two boys' face, but there it was, the small talks of the future that they are having.