CHAPTER 23: SEHUN

“I’d rather spend one moment holding you than a lifetime knowing I never could.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

The sweet sun rose from the east and is already set when Baekhyun woke up from his creaky bed. Kicking his soft bed sheets, he sat down and looked at the view in his window which displays the beautiful sun rays seeping in between the baby blue curtains and the morning fresh air that was present.

It was almost another wonderful day-however Baekhyun doesn't seem to agree with that as he felt emotionally tired and frustrated, his hair was messy as if a tornado hit it. He had visible eyebags that show that he cried his almond-shaped eyes out last night. Feeling his face with the tip of his dainty fingers, he groaned as he realized that he cried so much. Baekhyun had been always the crybaby between him and Chanyeol and he shouldn't be estranged with that.

For once, the sun felt like it won the shining contest and beat Baekhyun.

"Hyung? Are you up already?" Taehyung asked cautiously from the other side of the door while knocking softly.

"I'm already awake, brother." Baekhyun sighed. Even though he wanted to act okay, his croaky voice wouldn't allow him.

"Hyung, uhh...Chanyeol is outside. Hurry up so that we can eat breakfast altogether." He announced and left his hyung's door. This early? Baekhyun thought.

How could I explain this? He muttered as he covered his face with his small palms.

As if on cue the words that Jieun told him last night struck his chest directed to his heart with a bitter feeling, again. Tears formed from his eyes but shut them immediately to prevent the tears from falling.

Why am I so affected anyway? He thought, shaking those forming tears.

It's not that I am guilty of it. I'm not like that.

But why am I so affected?!

Breathing evenly to calm his mind, he tilted his head from side to side to stretch his neck.

Grabbing his phone below his pillow to look for the time and also to divert his thoughts to other things, three messages were presented to his eyes. Opening every each of them, he felt relieved and smiled up thinly while reading each of the short messages.

Sehun:

Good morning Bacon😇, don't cry anymore k?

Don't forget to eat breakfast😊

If you need someone to make you feel better, I'm just here☝️.

5:34 Am.

He smiled at the messages before running his fingers on his phone to reply.

Thanks, Sehun for making me feel better. I owe you again.

Thanks for being there for me. And uh, keep safe!

6:51 Am.

Sent.

He wasn't that much of a pouter but he just thought of how to face Chanyeol with those dried lips, puffed eyebags, possible bloodshot eyes, and absolutely messed up face-I mean, wait...when did I get conscious about my appearance when it comes to Chanyeol?