CHAPTER 3: WORTH

“You give me the kind of feelings people write novels about.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

"Baek, are you hungry?" Chanyeol asked as he sat beside Baekhyun.

He was in the same class as the latter. Well, he really planned his schedule with Baekhyun's schedule so that he can be with him as much as possible although basketball practice puts as a bummer on those schedules.

Baekhyun lifted his head slowly, with his big round glasses dangerously hanging on the bridge of his nose. After a gentle lift of his eyeglass, he answered, "Umm, nope. I'm not hungry. You can go and eat with your friends, I'm okay." He said as he looked back at the piles of papers below him and continue to jut down notes.

He ignored the annoying growls that his small stomach was creating but never did Chanyeol could tolerate it.

"Aish, this kid. I can hear your stomach growling, Baek. Let's fill you up, I'll treat you! So c'mon!" He held Baekhyun's hand tightly and pulled him out from his seat swiftly making the smaller yelp and mumble inaudible words.

Their classmates just looked at them silently. Not able to speak because, Duhh, the varsity player-handsome-super hot Chanyeol was there. Maybe a lil squeal from his fangirls would be heard across the room. No one really looked at Baekhyun tho, but the smaller is more than satisfied with that everyday routine.

He was used to the stares though, they would look at him sharply and judgingly but knowing Baekhyun, who wouldn't even hurt a fly, he would endure it all together. Other people's opinion doesn't really matter to him because he only got one mission, to finish the study and make his family live in a more comfortable lifestyle.

Chanyeol knew that his best friend has financial issues. He knows that he's enduring break times and lunch just to save up money. Oftentimes Chanyeol shares allowance for Baekhyun but being a stubborn kid, he always refuses it even tho Chanyeol tells him that he could just pay for it later.

"You always pay my food, Yeol. Don't waste too much money on me." Baek reluctantly let the latter pull him, pouting. Chanyeol's arm was gently wrapped into the short one's shoulders and their height difference was showcased, making Baekhyun sigh in embarrassment. The smaller just sighed but smiled nonetheless, appreciating how Chanyeol cares for him.

"Wealth isn't a problem to me and I don't care because you're my friend," Chanyeol exclaimed and headed into the cafeteria.

They walked past from a large number of crowds of students in the long hallway as Chanyeol stood tall and coolly as he semi-dragged the shy Baekhyun under his right arm.

Once they got to the cafeteria, Chanyeol told Baekhyun to pick all the food he wants. It took a matter of seconds for Baekhyun to nod shyly to his best friend and start to pick. Baekhyun chose the cheap ones. He picked two sandwiches and one waffle. As for Chanyeol, he noticed how Baekhyun was only picking the cheapest snacks so he frowned. A sighed before deciding something with a smug expression lingered on his face. He grabbed a bunch of fruity desserts and sandwiches from the expensive sections and paid for all of it with his cash.

Baekhyun can only look at Chanyeol silently while he handed his to the cashier. Every time Baekhyun would see the latter's money, it made him realize how high Chanyeol really was. He even had a black card. A person with a black card is considered as one of the wealthiest people in South Korea and he bet he can buy all the things he wanted just with that piece of card. They are the Park family anyways.