CHAPTER 44: BIRTHDAY SURPRISE

“Everybody has an addiction, mine just happens to be you.”

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

There's that uncomfortable silence. Like every heart on the large shiny court wasn't beating at all. All their breaths are tucked in the shallows of their lungs. Eyes motioned on every slow movement of a certain handsome boy playing down the middle. And there was Baekhyun, feet on the ground around the VIP section of the court, unable to keep himself calm. He wanted to squirm and shout but there's a lump in his throat that blocked his entire motive to let the tension off of his body.

It was the last season of the game. And it's the most awaited game of the year.

He was biting his nails too hard that they would fall off the ground any second now. Eyes fixated on the second's account And there, Chanyeol sprinting and taking a good hold of the ball on his large hands, and flawlessly shooting it in an all focused and concentrated professional manner in the small ring out the end of the corner.

The ball circled the ring, dangerously balanced from it, taking seconds to tease the circular metal, and then Baekhyun feels like his heart just stopped.

And there, the ball, with suspense, finds its way inside the ring, and another 3 points are added by Chanyeol's team. Flashed on the large digital and high technology scorer board up above each opposite side of the huge court.

Booming, screaming, and cheering made Baekhyun's ears hurt as he quickly covered them with his palms. He saw how the pieces of golden foils rained down the huge rectangular court, like what happens when Simon hit the golden buzzer in Britain's Got Talent.

A couple of seconds after, he suddenly got pushed by the audiences climbing and finding their ways to set their feet on the wooden shiny court in the middle in an attempt to congratulate the winners. To congratulate Chanyeol's team.

—Yeah, because they just won over the defending champion basketball team of one of the famous universities around South Korea. It was their last season of the game and that made them the champion all over South Korea's university players.

With the distraction that was making Baekhyun dizzy and all, he got spun and held close. Lucky that he felt the thick board that separated the court from the bleachers. But it's not all of it,

A sudden pull made his small body jerk forward. Accepting the reality that he may embarrass himself on the big crowd by falling on the other side of the court and imagining his face being mopped first.

But all of it wasn't even close to reality as he officially felt strong thick arms lift him unto the other side of the corner. Yeah, his eyes were tightly shut and his face had this scrunched expression from expecting an embarrassing incident.

"Hey, open your eyes." He heard the panting voice. It was that deep voice with that ragged breathing that followed. It was that voice he fell in love with.

And with that, he felt alarmed. And instead of opening his eyes, he spoke breathily.

"Chanyeol, we're in public." Baekhyun muffled ghostly though he couldn't prevent the shade of red getting into his face as he sums up the position he's having.

Carried bridal style with a topless, hotly sweating man, being held on muscly arms and being buried on the toned chest and abs—in a freaking public place wasn't the idea he had in mind.