CHAPTER 4: COTTON CANDY

"Come on, Chanyeol." The kid hurried as he walked across the street. Chanyeol hurried immediately beside his bestfriend and held his hand to keep him near.

"Yah, where are we going? Besides there's a lot of people out here, what if I lose you." Chanyeol complained as he now flung his arm around the latter who was busy checking his wallet, counting his money. Chanyeol noticed how Baekhyun was too focused and that he struggled upon carrying his own backpack from the books his bestfriend was carrying.

"Wait. Stop. Let me carry your backpack." Chanyeol spoke concerned but Baekhyun didn't stop.

"No, I'm fine." He responded as he kept walking, ignoring the people walking past them.

Finally Baekhyun paused in a halt and then Chanyeol realised that they're infront of a toy store.

He saw how his little friend glanced behind the glass window as if finding a toy he wanted to buy.

Chanyeol then noticed Baekhyun's sad expression as the smaller boy let out a deep sigh upon seeing the particular price tag of a certain toy.

"The price keeps changing and changing.." he mumbled in frustration as he grasped his small wallet.

Chanyeol looked at the toy. It was a red race car and it says there that there are only two more pieces of it.

"Are you going to buy that toy?" Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun exhaled. A clear gloom is visible on his round face as his shoulders droop.

"Supposedly," He mumbled as he stared at the few bills and coins in his wallet.

"It was for my little brother, you know. His birthday is in two days. He wanted that car toy so much." He pouted.

"Did you already bought the toy you wanted for yourself?" Chanyeol asked instead. This isn't the first time they had stood there. Sometimes, if they are lucky enough to have time on weekends, Baekhyun would stop infront of the shop and secretly admire the toy he had wanted to buy ever since. Of course after how many times they had walked past the shop, Chanyeol had already noticed that Baekhyun is interested in one of the toys that is displayed yet he's not quite sure if what toy specifically.

"Not yet. I still have next time." Baekhyun smiled thinly. Baekhyun wanted the slime toy. He loves soft things, innocent toys like slimes and moulding clay. That's what Chanyeol knew what he wanted to buy.

"Growing up, I never had the toys I wanted to buy. And I don't want my little brother feel the same way I did." He sighed as he put his wallet in his bag.

As for this, Chanyeol felt sad knowing that he could buy anything, while Baekhyun can't. That in a young age like grade school, Baekhyun had to save up money to buy something.

"Let's go home." Baekhyun spoke as he pulled Chanyeol back from the path they had walked through.

"Wait, lemme buy a chocolate bar inside." Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun squinted his eyes a little confused.