CHAPTER 36: BOY, HE IS JEALOUS

“I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”- Anonymous

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

Chanyeol hissed silently for the umpteenth time as he secretly glanced at Baekhyun who is quietly seated at the back using the rearview mirror of the car.

The midget has been utterly silent all along, busying himself from the views behind the glass window.

The tall male had been cursing in his mind a few strings of bad words thinking about how stupid he was to fetch Baekhyun later than he was supposed to do. And here beside him—the girl who wants his father to marry him, the reason why he was late to take the smaller to school— sitting on the spot where Baekhyun was supposed to sit.

Chanyeol was feeling unsettled, his stomach was turning that's making him feel wrong and frustrated.

He loves Baekhyun very much that he doesn't want the smaller to feel uncomfortable just because of Dara.

Dara saw how Chanyeol look a little bit paler than usual as he sighed multiple times now, tilting her head to meet the latter's problematic one, she flicked her fingers in front of the giant's face.

"Uhh... Chanyeol? Are you feeling fine? You're so quiet. Is there something wrong?" Dara asked bringing the back of her dainty hand on the forehead of the tall handsome male beside her.

Before he knew it, Baekhyun was now looking at Chanyeol in the eyes, expressionless. Their gaze clashed together for the first time on the car ride.

"I'm fine. Thanks." Chanyeol spoke curtly, as he turned his head purposely to brush Dara's touch.

This is going to be hard as hell, he sighed as he endured the pain of being silently treated by Baekhyun.

•~•~•~•~•❤️❤️❤️•~•~•~•~•

With his usual baggy pants, oversized sweaters, and huge round ancient glasses hanging just above the bridge of his nose, Baekhyun felt ashamed by how he set his pace up with Chanyeol and Dara.

His fashion is a major contrast from what the two wore today— or every day.

He wasn't even sure if it's called fashion.

For the nth time, he thinks that he was out of the picture again. He never cared about how he wears clothes before, but now, he had to think twice about that next time he walks out of their house.

He walked slower in an attempt to separate his body from the two but Chanyeol quickly noticed it. Because Chanyeol's secret glances never left him at all.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes a second before landing a gentle look at the midget who was embracing thick books between his arms, Chanyeol suddenly felt jealous from the books though.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Chanyeol neared Baekhyun, swinging his long arms around the smaller. Dara just watched as he worries about Baekhyun being not okay.

"Are you okay, Baek? You don't look good." Chanyeol asked in a concerted manner, feeling the smaller's neck and forehead. He couldn't take away his eyes on Baekhyun especially when the latter knew that he's not feeling well.