CHAPTER 13: LITTLE CRAB

He was hungry. And the only money he got left would only afford a bowl of noodles and his stomach was growling and he spent his last bit of money for it. His pocket hurts too. He wouldn't be sacrificing him the expense if he could endure his hunger, but he just really couldn't. Her mom was sick for about three days now and it means there's no salary from the days she's not at work.

In addition, a high standard school has a high cost of snacks so as much as possible he avoided buying in the cafeterias. Besides, cafeteria allowance is not included in his scholarship budget.

Taking out his only money in his wallet, he willed himself to give it to the lady behind the counter to have something to fill his tummy. His eyes shone when he saw the cheapest steaming bowl of noodles on the cafeteria menu coming into sight, reaching it as he held the tray carefully to prevent it from spilling.

He found his usual spot on the farthest corner of the huge year cafeteria when Chanyeol was not around and sat there. His mouth secretly watering and his stomach growling impatiently. He quickly picked the chopstick and break it into two.

He's on the verge of picking up a bundle of noodles with his chopsticks when a group of males reached unto him and watched him. When Baekhyun looked up, he saw how the boy who seemed to be the leader took out the bubble gum he was chewing from his mouth and popped it on his bowl of noodles.

"It d-doesn't mean that you're rich, you can do all things that you w-want.." Baekhyun looked hurt as he looked down at the floor. Tears gathered in his eyes as he bit his trembling lips to prevent himself from crying.

The bullies just snickered and laughed as they stared at the small freshman high school student get upset and all crybaby.

"Well, you can do all you want if you're rich, poor kid." One of the males with a black handkerchief wrapped in his forehead spoke. His lips curved into a bratty smirk.

Baekhyun was just trying to eat a bowl of noodles when he suddenly got picked up with some bully again. He doesn't normally become emotional in those sorts of situations but he just couldn't stop himself.

Baekhyun was shocked and crestfallen. He felt his heart sink and his breathing shifted as he gasped.

He felt like crying. That's the only money he had left and it just got to waste.

He stood up quietly when the bullies threw in a pit of laughter. Other students watch silently as they don't want to mess in these kinds of situations.

"Are you going to cry now? Just this time! I want to see how you cry. I heard babies cry the cutest!" The boy with blue and black checkered long sleeves mocked.

That's when Baekhyun couldn't help but whimper and tears started falling down the floor. Baekhyun just stayed quiet after he spoke once.

"That's cute! Makes me want to do it often!" An average-height male chuckled.

Chanyeol walked into the cafeteria to try to grab a bottle of water. And the first person he saw was Baekhyun— and the group of five who's towering over him.

He immediately strode towards them. Practically bringing his dark demeanor in advance. He knew where is this going again.