Chapter 48 - Walked Away

Amara's POV

"Jack, okay so what did she do?" Taylor practically laughed his butt off; he was hunched over, his face slightly compressed in places, highlighting his mood.

"So she came up to me, right? Then jumped on me while giving me a hug. She purposely grinded her hips against mine," Gilinsky joined Taylor and fell over laughing. "Her name was Alyson I'm pretty sure."

I stood there and smiled. I wasn't entirely enthused with the story.

"Then there was this other girl, she was really pretty. She had like really long brown hair, gorgeous eyes," Jack melted right there describing this perfect girl. "Her name was something unique, Adelaide I'm pretty sure." His cheeks blushed. "I got her number too."

I laughed as he stumbled over his words. All the guys cooed at Jack for his success.

"Is it my turn?" I quickly asked. I remembered this one fan experience that stood out to me.

"Go ahead babe," Cameron rubbed my back causing my sweatshirt to wrinkle.

"Okay, so what do I say again? Just her name and stuff?" I ask still not understanding quite what we were doing.

"Well if you even met a fan," Matt smartly remarked.

"I did. So why don't you shut your mouth and listen to my story. I'll respect you for yours," I snapped. I wasn't in the mood to fight with Matt.

"Sorry, I mean you've just been gone and fucking Cameron. I didn't think you had a fan experience," he snickered.

"Is that all you think I've been doing?" I started, but I was soon cut off.

"I know that's what you've been doing," Matt smiled viscously.

This is what got to me.

Some unknown adrenaline ran through my body causing me to stand up and hurl myself towards Matt. My right hand lifted and took one hard hit to his cheek. Two hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards before I could slap Matt's cheek a second time. Matt quickly grasped his cheek and flung his mouth open.

"You have done so much shit to me! Where I have I been the past few days? The hospital! But you probably don't care enough to hear the story," I yelled. Cameron's arms still remained around my waist. "Let go." I sternly said.

"No." His eyes dug into mine. I tried yanking my waist out of his grip, but he was too strong.

"Can you at least let me breath?" I spat. Cameron let out a sigh then loosened his grip a little.

"Well before I was rudely interrupted," I glanced at Matt. His mood ligthened surprisingly. He almost looked as if he would cry any second. "When I was in the hospital, before you guys showed up-" I gestured at Nash and Carter. "-a girl walked into my room with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I didn't know who she was, some stranger or someone who felt bad. It didn't really occur to me at the time. Her hair was brown and long and she had very conspicuous eyes. She sat the flowers on the table, and said that she was sorry for me. Her words were so delicate. She felt sorry for what happened, and she told me I would get better. I smiled the whole time she talked. She mentioned Cameron, and said we're perfect together.

"After her speech she turned and walked out unexpectedly. I yelled for her and asked for her name. She replied with a small voice, 'Shayna.'" I smiled remembering the detail. "She made me feel better, she was different."

I looked up at everyone. They were all intrigued by my words. Matt and Shawn were gazing down at their feet, almost concerned.

"Cancer." Shawn and Matt's head popped up. "That's why I was in the hospital. I had it before I met you both. And I'm sorry for whatever I did to you. For whatever I did for you both to despise me. I didn't mean to snap you Matt," I blushed. I utterly felt embarrassed. "It's just I was done with the hurtful comments from you. It's bad enough online."