Chapter 38

Serena's POV

|one months later| 

"Bartra!" I screamed and chased him with my water bottle. "I'll kill you!" 

"Is that a promise, senora?" He smirked and dodge way from the spray. I grunted and caught up to him, tackling him to the ground. 

I kneeled on his chest, pinning him to the ground and sprayed the last content of my water onto his face and chest. I giggled and he threw me off of him, switching our positions. 

"That wasn't very nice." He pouted from on top of me. 

I gave him an innocent smile, "I'm sorry, Marc." 

"No you're not." He scoffed and I stuck out my tongue at him. 

"I lied, I'm not. Now get off of me before I punch you in the balls." I warned him seriously. He jumped up and extended a hand and helped me up. I stole a glance at Neymar. He was talking to Jose, one of the three people who would actually talk to him and stayed friends. 

"Ignore him, Rena." Marc scolded me. I nodded my head and put my hands up defensively. He raised his eyebrows and passed me the soccer ball. We had another El Classico today, and I was excited.

I waved to Gareth and Sergio from across the pitch. They waved back and smiled at me. I felt the same butterflies in my stomach, but the same damn empty feeling was there too.

The empty feeling that I've experienced for the past month. Slipping back and fourth in depression, the same feeling I felt six years ago when I was on the edge of killing myself. It's not that bad, I have Marc, Gerard and Leo to keep me distracted, and I'm still playing football. Not as good I used too, but I'm still keeping up with Xavi. 

"Serena?" Marc asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"Yeah Marc?" I asked him.

"Keep your head up, alright?" He told me. I nodded my head and we filed in the clubhouse, readying to come out with the starting line up. We had our warm up gear on and we jogged out of the tunnel. I was ready for this game. I'm supposed to be here. I deserve this. 

Neymar's POV 

I can't believe the mistake I made. What was I thinking. My jaw was finally healed but I wasn't starting, not today. Tata was still not looking at me the same way he was before. I sighed from the bench as my beautiful Serena sang along to the national anthem.

I let her slip away. Well, actually, I pushed her away. I deserved every piece of hate, all the punches, all the mean words I got. Hell, I even deserved more for what I said, for what I did. She never deserved it. She shouldn't have gotten it. I feel horrible everyday.

A piece of me is gone. That piece was Serena. No matter what beautiful, sexy woman I slept with, she was always on my mind. No one could take my focus off of her, not even my one true escape; football. I missed her so much it hurt.

But I hurt her, more than she should ever experience. I couldn't get the image out of my head, her being carried away. I still have the bruise on my face from when she hit me, two weeks after it all happened. 

Flashback 

I walked out of my hotel room and Serena was walking down the hall towards hers. I met her eyes and she stopped dead in her tracks, and so did I. This was the first time we've made this kind of eye contact since what I did to her.

I couldn't blame her.

"Serena, wait-" I started but she put her hand up in my face.

"Save it, asshole." She snapped.

"Please, just hear me out-" 

"You don't deserve shit all!" She yelled. She walked up to me, and before I could register it, her hand collided with my cheek, a loud slapping sound echoing through the hallway. I put my hand up as it stung badly. 

She smirked at me and blew me a kiss, walking past me. She probably enjoy that immensely. I went into my room and looked straight into the mirror.

A hand print was spread across my face, the red outlining. I winced as I touched it, the pain making my cheek numb. I deserved it, blah blah blah, I know. I really fucking know. 

**Sorry if I confused you guys! I meant last update for TONIGHT! Not forever. I still want this book to continue for a while as it grows more popular and my writing improves. Sorry for the mix up!

Let's get 30 votes and 20 comments pretty pleaseee?

-Izzy**