Chapter 10

Serena's POV

Leo and I ecited the stadium before everyone else to avoid the questions, and took a taxi down to the airport. It wasn't crowded much, and we went up to buy tickets. We got the last two first class seats and sat in our waiting area for our flight.

"Thank you for coming with me." I smiled and he gave me a friendly hug.

"I didn't want to see you go alone, you know?" I nodded my head and Leo's phone rang. He slide it out and answered without looking.

"Hello?" He asked. I couldn't hear the other end, but his eyes widened. 

He put a hand over his phone, whispering "It's Neymar."

Neymar's POV

"Leo, do you know where Serena is? She's not answering her phone and no one's seen her." I said worriedly, running a hand through my hair, a habit I got and do whenever I'm stressed. 

"Uh, um," there was whispering to a female on the other line. That couldn't be her, can it?

"Did you check your place?" He said, stretching it.

"I checked and her bag is gone." I replied, starting to get suspicious. What was he hiding?

"Leo, what's up." I asked seriously. 

"Shh, take it! I don't want to talk, no!" "Leo no!" The phone got fumbled around, then there was a pause.

"Hi?" Serena said from the other end.

'Babe! Where the fuck are you and why aren't you answering your phone? Why are you with Leo?" I said, then a bing sound came, then a loud announcement came on. 'Now boarding flight number 101 to Madrid. Boarding flight 101 to Madrid.'

"I have to go, Neymar." She whispered into the phone. I felt my heart break into two. Why was she going to Madrid, and why wouldn't she tell me? I would've gone with her!

"What the hell, Serena, why would you do this?" I asked, hurt.

"Because I have too." She said, and I heard a click, signaling that the call was over. 

"DAMNIT!" I yelled, throwing my phone at the wall. Did she care for one of Madrid's players? I can't fly out to Madrid now, that will cause to much drama, and we don't need anymore of that. 

You know what I need? A drink. The club isn't far from here, and I need a break, and that'll do.

Serena's POV

We landed in Madrid a couple hours later, and I texted Iker, saying we were here. He came to pick us up, and you could smell the tension in the air between Leo and Iker, but they were both professionals and they made small talk as I texted the rest of my friends on the team, saying I was in Madrid and I'm coming to their practice.

It was already 7:00 pm and the practice would start in half an hour, so went from the airport straight to the stadium. We walked in the back and Leo headed for the stands. I gave him one last hug and took a deep breath, following Iker out to the familiar pitch. Iker gave me a hug also, then jogged out to the group in centre and pointed to where I stood on the sidelines.

My uncle wasn't here yet, Iker said he would be fifteen minutes late today. I shook hands with the trainers and they told me they missed me, right until everyone reached me and pulled me into a pile of guys trying to hug and talk to me. I glanced past everyone and saw that Coentrao, Deigo, and Cris. 

"Ignore them," Danni whispered to me and hugged me. I nodded my head and plastered a big smile on my face and they invited for me to join in and practice with them. I glanced and Leo and he nodded his head, telling me to go ahead and I gave a thumbs up then grabbed an extra pair of cleats and laced them up jumping a big then joining in shooting against Iker.

Laughter filled up the stadium as we fooled around, trying to get the most bend on a ball. I won, obviously, even if it was a slow ball, it curved into a large C into the corner of the net. Mostly everybody (excluding the ones ignoring me) clapped and cheered, and Carlo came onto the pitch.

"Shit," I whispered, hiding behind Sergio's body. 

"Rena," he scolded and stepped to the side, revealing me to my uncle as he joined the group.

"Oh, look who decided to show up. The traitor." He spat. I gasped and Gareth stepped forward, putting a hand out front of him.

"That was uncalled for," He said. A chorus of 'yeah's' sounded from everybody, even from Cris. 

"And if I remember correctly, which I do, you were the one that sent her to Barcelona in the first place!" Sergio said.

"And you never even thought of adding her to our team, either!" Someone called out. I nodded my head and looked at my uncle.

"It's ridiculous, really." I said, trying to sound sincere and not let the anger that was balled up inside of me show. He looked speechless. I guess no one ever really stood up to him about it, until I showed up and made things complicated.

"A female should never be allowed in La Liga." He finally said. I cocked my head to the side and raised my eyebrows daringly.

"So this is why you're being a dick? You're sexest or something?" I challenged and he shook his head.

"La Liga is a place for men. I was fine with you playing for Barcelona's women's team. I just didn't want you to play literally for Barça."

"Well, it happened, get over it!" I yelled, throwing my hands up, giving up. Gareth walked me to the sidelines to calm me down. and the men walked away from my uncle in disgust. I started to unlace the boots, and glanced up and Cris who was walking over to me.

He hugged me tightly, not saying a word. He waved at Leo in the stands, then hugged me again, this time whispering into my ear, "You deserve to play in La Liga. You're amazing and you fit in well with Barcelona. I'm sorry." and walked back to his friends. I signaled for Leo to come down and we took a taxi to our two bed hotel room right downtown. It was nice, of course Leo booked a five star hotel room.

We ate take out, and watched tv until 12. My phone went off like crazy, buzzing on my side table.

"What the hell?" Leo asked and sat down next to me as I unlocked my phone. My twitter notifications were going crazy. I was being linked to a photo of Neymar and a girl in a club. I recognized it as the one downtown in Bacelona. She wasn't that pretty, and they were both obviously drunk and sloppy. He had his hands on her hips and biting her neck, and she had her ass grinding on his crotch.

"What an asshole!" I said sadly and threw my phone onto the pillows, flopping back and putting my hands on my head, sighing loudly. 

"He doesn't deserve you," Leo said seriously. I sat up again and looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked.

"You're fit, honest and an amazing person. He doesn't deserve to have you. All he does is party then play football. You're so much more dedicated and mature." He explained. I leaned onto his shoulder, suddenly exhausted and letting the words sink in my mind.

I kept replaying what he said, 'all he does is party' with the picture stuck in my head. I couldn't sleep, and I knew I wasn't going to be any time tonight. But I know I can't let this get to my head, I still have my life without him, we were only dating for a while. I still had goals and things I must achieve, and I sure as hell didn't need him to help me. It was more fun than useful. Which is why I shouldn't even care. 

A/N: Don't worry, this isn't the end between Serena and Neymar! Keep reading and watching for updates, because they'll get back soon.