Chapter 2

Serena's POV

Lucky me, I'm travelling to Barçalona for training. It starts today, actually. I just put it off as much as I could, so I could catch the last Madrid game before going into the enemy's territory. (And seeing Neymar once again, because last time it ended badly.) I'm just in the taxi, riding to the hotel near Camp Nou where we'll start training. I already had my track pants and Cris's Nike galaxy training jersey on, with my AG Mercurials since, stupid me, I forgot my turf ones at home. We past Camp Nou and down until we reached my hotel, which was overly fancy for a girl like me. I got out and pulled my suitcase out with me. I was planning to just buy more clothes once I get settled in.

My room was on the top 12th floor, all the way at the bottom with the larger rooms. It was nice and comfortable, a modern theme and a roomy kitchen. I rolled my eyes at the fact Carlos went a little over-board with my hotel. I didn't need a five star one, I could settle with a three for a month. 

Practice started in fifteen, so I laced up my cleats and grabbed a Madrid towel and a plastic water bottle before heading out onto the street. The walk took only five minutes, giving me ten to spare. A person in the back let me in once I told him my name, and I followed the hallway down on the field. A couple players I didn't recognize straight away were on the field talking, and I walked over to the bench and placed my things down. The group of men got quieter and took multiple glances my way, but I shrugged it off. I'm not sure if Messi or Neymar told anyone. 

I grabbed a ball, ignoring the looks and started to do some freestyle while more and more people came in, some fooling around with freestyles or two on twos, while others, (probably the lazy ones) stood and laughed loudly in groups. I did around the worlds and flicks and juggling, using my feet, thighs, chest, head, and hell, even my back or butt, trying to keep the ball from touching the ground. 

"Serena!" I turned around. Gerado Matrino, Messi, and Neymar we're walking onto the pitch, the players in their practice kits and cleats. I smiled, slightly angry that I'll have to miss another game, but I knew Carlos would kill me if I wasn't performing my best.

"Hello," I greeted happily and a smile. He smiled back and shook my hand.

"It's a pleasure to have you here," He started. I stole a glance at Neymar, who was fixated on me, suddenly making me self-aware. Which never happens.  "Time to get started!" He turned and yelled to the rest of the team who all jogged over and I backed up, so I could stand behind everyone.

"Let me introduce Serena Ancelotti, an amazing midfielder who will be training with us for a month, and I want everybody on their best-"

"Ancelotti? Like in Carlos Ancelotti?" Someone from the front asked, whom I couldn't see. 

"No shit," Neymar replied and I scoffed.

"Why would we want her to practice with us. She should just stick with her team." Someone else called from the left.

"Excuse you," I said angrily. "Do you think this was the best way to spend my time? With a team I despise, full of cocky players and annoying forwards," I glanced at Neymar, who had a little smirk on his face, "No. But I'm here because I'm a professional. And I can keep any one of your asses, Neymar here, already knows."

"Damn right, he knows." Gerard Pique muttered from beside me, and I didn't notice he was there until now. He looked down at me and smile warmly. At least one of these players are friendly.

"Whatever. We don't need you here anyways. There's no point."

"Shut up!" Neymar sighed loudly. "If I can't get past her, you definitely can't. So just shut your mouth and don't judge until you actually see her play."