** Chapter 50

Serena's POV 

We walked back towards the sidelines, hand in hand, waving at the crowd. After our little moment, everyone erupted in loud cheers, even both teams. 

"Hey, Ney?" I said once we had to break off to our own squads. 

"Yeah, beautiful?" He asked, happiness shinning in his eyes.

"This doesn't mean I won't kick your ass in this game, I hope you know that." A small smirk crept up onto his face once I said that. 

"I had a feeling you were going to say something like that." He laughed.

"It's going down." I said and blew him a sarcastic kiss and jogged up to my team. Sergio automatically gave me a huge hug, squeezing me and making breathing a bit hard. 

"You're choking me Sese." I said. He let go and kissed my forehead, and Iker and Nando hugged me also. 

"We're really happy for you, Rena." Sergio said. I gave them a warm smile and let out a breath, knowing I'd have to take the ring off for the game. One of the staff came over with a little red box and I placed it inside after he said Neymar told him to fetch after the proposal. 

Who knew my fiancee was such a good organizer. I bet one of the guys helped him. 

"Guys, we have to win this now. We have to beat them badly. It'll be awesome if we do." I told the squad once he all circled up.

"We can do this. You guys are World Champions. Let's make it 2 times." With that, the starters went onto the field, getting our minds ready for the first whistle.

Even with the big surprise- holy crap he proposed!- I was still scared out of my mind. Especially the media will be attacking whoever looses that they were unfocused because of the proposal. I'd rather not be the one to get hate, because Ney deals with it a lot better than me, sadly.

After the first whistle blew, I had my game face on. I was ready to kick major ass right now, because I want this title very badly. 

Brazil had first ball, and I went up to put a little pressure on their midfeilders while they had possesion. I tried not to look at Neymar, since I know that would distract me, and I can't have any of that right now. 

I can't believe we're going to get married though. Fuck, this is crazy. 

They started going a bit more up near our half, and we need to clear it. Neymar got the ball, and he went charging towards the box. I was sprinting to keep up with him, shouldering him, trying to push him more outwards than towards our net. 

He tried to get past me, but I stuck out my leg, kicking the ball away and tripping him. I turned and took off towards the ball, trying to keep it from going out. 

The ref blew his whistle, signaling for a free kick. Neymar was still on the ground, holding his ankle and rolling around a bit. Such a faker. The referee reached into his pocket and pulled out a yellow card for me. 

"I touched the ball! No foul!" I yelled, tossing my hands up in the air. A yellow card in the first ten minutes, and it's not for Sergio. Weird. 

There was no use in arguing, and Ney popped up after the help of Thiago. What a little shit head. We set up to take the free kick just a couple yards outside of the keeper box, and Ney got set up to take it. 

I hope he misses the net entirely. 

I sucked in a breath while I stood in the wall and he went right for the net since we were so close. I jumped up, but the ball flew over my head. I turned and watched as Iker shuffled one step and dove, but the ball slipped through his finger tips into the top corner, out of his reach. 

Brazil 1, Spain 0. 

|After the game| 

The game ended like that, no matter how many opportunities we had to get a goal, we just couldn't find the back of the net sadly. Brazil held their own against us, not letting us hold the ball for to long. 

Brazil celebrated as Spain walked back together towards the bench. That was pretty disappointing, but it was just one game, we'll have to win our next two by a lot. That's the only way. We have a pretty easy group aside from Brazil, with Croatia and Australia. We could beat both teams if we had our heads in the game. 

I should probably go see my boyfriend before we leave for the hotel and to have the team chat there. I looked over and he was talking to his teammates. I started to walk over, and Thiago shoved him forward towards me. I giggled and walked up to him, giving him a warm hug.

"Good try, today." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes, "You know that shouldn't have been a foul." 

He chuckled, showing I was right. "You just faked it."

"You do the same thing, Rena." 

I gasped, "No I don't! I'm an honest player. What are you talking about?" 

"Nice try." He said, "I got to go."

"Same here. I love you." I smiled. 

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead lovingly. "I love you too. Make sure you get your ring before you leave." 

"Don't worry, I will." I promised. He pecked my lips quickly and went off with his own team and I with mine. 

"Let's go, you love-struck looser." Sergio said, lightly pushing me through the tunnel.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up Ramos." I said and led the way behind Brazil. Sese is such a jerk, I love him.