Chapter 49 **

Serena's POV 

"We have some time before the match, do you want to go get some breakfast, Rena?" Iker asked, Fernando, Xabi and Sergio next to him.

"Yeah, sure!" I said. "Where are we going to eat?"

"Sese said he spotted a breakfast place down the street, so we could go there." Xabi said.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan!" Nando said. I followed the big men out of the hotel and onto the streets of Brazil. It was warm and beautiful, the scenery blowing my mind away. I can't believe how stunning Brazil is. 

"The match is today, are you nervous?" Nando asked. 

"It's alright to be nervous, you know." Sese said.

"Yeah, we were all shitting our pants last time." Xabi said. "I could hardly breath in the first game!"

"I am a bit, but not that much, actually." I told them. "I'm more afraid of loosing than actually playing."

"I understand, Rena." Iker nodded. "I want to win every game we play in the group stages, a loss could effects us greatly in a strong group like ours." 

"Yes, especially since Brazil is on the hunt for a win." Sese agreed. "They want to win more than any other squad since they're playing at home."

"That just means it'll be even sweeter to beat them in their own home!" I clapped my hands together. "I'm sorry, that was a little harsh." 

"It's fine," Nando laughed. "Honestly, I think everyone here is thinking that if it ever comes down to it." 

"I just don't want to fuck up." I said, a shiver running down my spine. "That would be horrible and embarassing. It's an honour that I'm here, anyways. I better not fuck it up." 

"I know how you feel." Nando said.

"It's even worse for a goalkeeper." Iker added. "If we make a mistake, it can cost the game. You guys can alway play it off, because it never effects the score badly."

"That's why I could never handle being a keeper." Sese said. "To much pressure."

"But Sergio, you're a defender. It's probably the second most pressuring position." Xabi raised his eyebrows at his league teammate. 

"Yes, yes. But you know what I mean." Sergio rolled his eyes and carried on down the street until we reached a quaint and busy restaurant. 

"We can go in and check the menu first, see if it looks good, then decide from there alright?" Nando asked. We all nodded and ducked inside the place. There were a lot of people wearing Brazil jerseys, so we hoped they would recognize us and start something. 

"Please have a seat anywhere you'd like, we have a table and two booths open." A young male waiter smiled and we chose the booth in the very back, near the kitchen. The waiter put the menus down on the table and we all scanned through them, making a quick decision on what we thought would be good. 

"Portugal beat Germany 4-0." Nando said, looking down at his phone. 

"I'm glad." I smiled. "I'm glad they're doing well." 

"You know what I'm glad about? That you're playing for Spain instead of Portugal. Like Diego decided to play with us instead of Brazil." Xabi said happily.

"Imagine if we didn't have Diego or Serena. That would most-definitely suck." Sese agreed. 

"That would. We would totally be lacking if you two didn't come." Iker added. "And plus, we all wanted to spend time with you."