Chapter 35

Serena's POV 

I woke up on the hotel bed, my hands gripping the sheets tiredly. We were in Sevilla for our game. But my mind always wondered to Neymar. How could I? How could I let myself slip like that. How could I be so desperate to go back with... him? I know what Leo would say; you shouldn't of. Did he pressure you? I'll kill him if he did.

There was a knock on my door and I got up, walking over tiredly. I was in a baggy shirt and shorts, my hair was a mess. I opened the door and Gerard and Marc stood there with big, goofy grins on their faces. 

"Hola boys." I yawned. They smirked at each other.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Marc said.

"It's nine o'clock in the fucking morning. I could've had another hour of sleep!" I said angrily, looked at the clock on the wall. 

"Yeah, well, we wanted to actually go out for breakfast with our friend, so get dressed." Gerard shooed me inside and followed. Marc sat on my bed and Gerard in the chair. 

"One minute," I told them and went to my suitcase, grabbing sweatpants, a bra, panties and a clean shirt. I changed in the bathroom, then brushed out my knotted hair, sighing at the large mess of frizz on my head. I wet it down and did a french braid, knowing this was all I could do without it looking like a rats' nest.

I came out from the bathroom and unplugged my iPhone 5s (gold, because Cristiano bought me it for my birthday and told me "I was golden." He's a huge dork.) from the wall and put on black vans. I wasn't awake, even now, and the boys followed me to the breakfast and lunch place in the hotel. Some of our team mates were already eating, like Pedro, Cristian and Alexis. 

The three of us got our own table and sat down in the booth, Gerard next to me and Marc on the other side by himself. 

"It's too early for this." I sighed and rested my head on Gerard's shoulder, closing my eyes from the bright lights.

"Too early for what?" Marc asked while chuckling.

"Too early to be awake!" I groaned and lifted my head, rubbing my eyes. I ordered Belgian waffles and bacon with a chocolate milkshake and I didn't pay attention to what the guys were ordering.

"Apparently Neymar went into his room yesterday morning and hasn't come out since." Marc informed us. "What did you say to him?"

"I told him, and I quote myself, 'You're an asshole and it's over'." I said casually.

Gerard laughed, "Way to break the little man's heart, Serena." 

"It kinda just... came out. I didn't want to sugar coat it. Just plain out and simple, lay it all out in front of him. Just like me." I told them honestly. 

"We know Serena. And I like your style." Marc gave me a smile and I yawned again. Once again, to fucking early!

|In Serena's room| 

Marc laid next to me on the hotel bed as we watched old re-runs of Supernatural, my favourite show.

"Can I ask you something?" He turned to me. I nodded my head and he grabbed the remote and turned down the TV.

"Why don't you play for Spain in the world cup? You're half and half, ad have a duel citizen ship. The cup hasn't started and there's still time to change teams... you could come and play with me, Gerard and Cristian!" He said. I scrunched my nose up and sighed.

"But Spain is already a good team. Portugal is, well, Portugal is shit except for Ronaldo, Coentrao- ugh, and Pepe. I thought I could go and help." I explained.