Chapter 17

A/N: Thank you for all the votes and comments! Please keep it up, it inspires me to update more and more!

Serena's POV

The match was about to start in five minutes, and I just finsihed the coin toss. I chose the left side, with the sun in Victor's eyes, so we have the advantage second half. We stood in line and shook hands, people doing their pre-game things and precautions before we took to our positions.

Neymar grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in for a long, passionate kiss, the cameras circling us. 

"We can do this," He said and kick off started, the crowd roaring and excited. The incomparable feeling of excitement washed over me again, knowing this is where I belonged- here in Barcelona. 

I always have flashbacks of the first time I met Neymar, him lying over me and kissing lustfully. I was disgusted, of course. But there was always something that pulled me to him. The more I stayed in Barcelona, the stronger the pull got, until I couldn't wait to see him time after time. 

I got the ball on the wing and carried it up, passing up to Neymar, and he passed back. I cut into the middle and crossed it to over to the other wing. I fell back a little when we lost possession, and I challenged the opposing team's midfield with a slide tackle, studs down and only the ball, but I still got a yellow card.

Gerard gave me a warning look not to argue, because they would already be watching me from the other match and brawl that started, so I shrugged it off ad got into position cursing under my breath. I stood shoulder to shoulder with two other players next to me. 

I felt  hand slide to my back and grabbed a fistful of my jersey, holding my down.

"Let go," I snapped. He replied by grabing more. When the kick came, it was just over my head. If I was able to jumo, I could've gotten to it. I tried, but he held me down, ripping my jersey in two and I took a dive to the ground, trying to get a call.

The ref blew his whistle and Marc shoved the guy back, and Neymar stuck out a foot, making him fall onto the ground as the ref pulled out a red card. Someone brought out a new jersey for me, my back up, and I just took off mine on the pitch. I was just in a sports bra so who cares.

I slipped it over my head and shot the guy a dirty look, and walked away with Marc. Neymar said something to the player, earning him a yellow. I couldn't hear what he said, but it must've been quite rude to get a yellow from this ref.

I took the kick, about twenty yards away from the half line. 

"Go for the net," Leo whispered to me and I nodded. They didn't bother forming a wall, just the other team ten yards away from me on the line the ref put down. I backed up, six steps back and three to the side, and ran at it, striking it and getting curve and power while it soared through the air.

The goalkeeper dodn't have a chance, it sailed through his fingers into the corner of the net, and I threw my hands up, pointing to the Barca crest on my new jersey and made a heart around it. The replay look amazing, and I was excited for the beautiful goal.

That goal led to four others. 

|Hotel|

We sat in the bar, where the TV had the sports channel that announced the world cup teams. The list went through- Spain had everyone we figured from Madrid and Barcelona, then Neymar on Brazil, obviously. Leo was on Argentina, then they started to list Portugal. I bit my lower lip, knowing that if I was going to be on a NT it would be my home country. 

They listed the keepers, defence, then midfield. The last one they said shocked me. 

"Serena Ancelotti, making more history, now the first woman to play for a National Team in the World Cup!" it was surreal. For everyone else, they'd been on the national team before. This was new to me, a new feeling. Cristiano Ronaldo was there too, obviously. 

I looked at Neymar, who looked sad. I shrugged it off, it was probably nothing. Leo ordered another round of drinks, "In celebration for Serena!"

I laughed and took a shot, cheering loudly. Marc hugged me, so did Gerard, Leo, Macy, Tony, Victor, Alexis, Pedro and Cristian. 

"Congratulations," they smiled at me and I thanked them. Now I couldn't wait for the world cup!

"Hey, what's wrong?" I sat down in Ney's lap and gave him a quick kiss. 

"Nothing. I'm just worried." He pouted.

"Why?" I asked, confused. 

"That you'll be so sad when Brazil kicks Portugal's ass in the world cup." He smirked and I scoffed. 

"Keep dreaming, babe." I said. He smirked and pecked my lips. I didn't fully believe that that was the reason he was sad, but I didn't press further into the matter. 

"Wanna go up to our room for some alone time?" He asked and I nodded. He grabbed my hand and we said goodnight to everyone and walked to the elevator, and rode it to the seventh floor. He held the door open for me and I went to the bed, lying down tiredly. I was still sore from the game.

"Come here," He said, lying next to me and pulling me into his chest. He kissed my forehead.

"You're amazing." He muttered into my hair. I smiled, getting comfy in his arms.

"You're amazing too." I replied. "It's just weird. It's foreign to think that you could-" I pause, rethinking what I was about to say, "Never mind."

"It's okay, beautiful. You can tell me anything." He said.

"It's alright, just forget it." I was going to say it's foreign to think anyone could love me, with all my faults, but that might lead to questions and confessions, and that's something I want to avoid all together. I fell asleep with him in our bed, dreaming about the world cup, playing behind Cris on the field for once in a lifetime.

Then after two seasons, my contract will be up. Gerardo would be crazy to not invite me back if I keep playing the way I am. But I'll most likely get offers for other teams. Maybe more money, maybe more opportunities. But would I really want to leave Barcelona?

What if Carlo offers me a position on Real Madrid? Could I really beat out our midfielders? Of course. But the decision I would have to make would upset two teams that are very important to me. Or maybe I like the controversy being on Barça. And Neymar and I might still be together. 

So it's like choosing between your family and your bestfriends. In the end, who will show me the best time? But I have time to decide. Carlo may hate me then too, so you never know. For now I'll wait, play my heart out for Barcelona and forget Real Madrid and any other team unless it has something to do with kicking their asses in the playoffs or finals. 

But the lingering feeling of betrayal stayed with me. The time will come when I have to make a decision. I'm the highest scoring midfielder in La Liga right now, and seventh in the world! I have to make a smart choice, I know I do. But nothing feels better than laying here with Neymar, or hanging out with Gerard, Leo, Marc or Alexis. I even love Macy, Tony and Shakira!

I'm screwed.