Chapter 3

Serena's POV

I sat on the sidelines as Barça had their home game, and I was a little impressed. Nothing like watching a Real Madrid game, of course. 

Naymar had the ball, and was dribbling down the wing. He got in trouble as he saw two Valladolid players coming towards him. He turned and passed back to a midfield who crossed it over to Leo. He went to the net with the ball, and Neymar was running in to the opposite post. 

"Pass! Pass!" I yelled, but he tried the goal for himself. He ball got knocked out my the keeper's hand, and Valladolid cleared it out before one of our players could get to it. I cursed under my breath, and sat back on the bench.

"If only he passed it. Oh wait, he doesn't pass." My bestfriend, Claire, texting me from back home. I guess she was watching too. I laughed and texted back, "Nothing like Madrid!" and put my phone back into my pocket. I could already tell this would be a long game. 

The home crowd was loud, and the boys were getting tired already. We still have twenty minutes left in the last half. Pinto looked angry as his team fell apart in front of him, a ball tipping over his finger tips into the top right corner of the net, making it 6-1 for Valladolid. 

We have a chance to bounce back, but they'll have to play hard. Loosing a game like this would be an embarrassment to Barça. The ball started back at mid-point again and Neymar took off with it down the wing, getting past two players and crossed it back into the middle, the ball finding Leo. He took one touch and fired it from the top of the box. Everyone's heart was in their throats, including mine, as it hit the cross bar, landing just behind the line making it 2-6 for us.

I mean 'them'.

|After the game|

"Hey, Serena," I turned around to see Neymar smiling at me. "Do you want to grab dinner? As friends, of course."

"Uh, sure." I said. He was already dressed in jeans and a white tee, while I was still in my track pants and a Madrid warm up track jacket. It's really all I wear, since I'm kind of a walking promotion for our club. I walked out with Neymar towards his black Mercedes and he drove down to a semi-casual restaurant twenty minutes away from the stadium.

We sat in a booth int he back and the waiter came to take our oders soon. I got a coke and a bacon-cheese burger while he got the same but with no fries. I love fries. I have no idea how he stays so strong and doesn't eat them.

"So Serena, tell me bout yourself." He said, taking a sip from his beer glass and setting it down, folding his fingers on the table.

I shrug my shoulders, not knowing what to say. "Well, I played football since I was five, and I loved it ever since. My best friends are pretty obvious, Cris, Iker, Gareth, Sergio and Xabi from Madrid. I suffered from depression for a few years but football helped me out of that, I'm 23 years old, my favourite colour is blue, I speak fluent French, Spanish and English, and have a major in law." I finished and our food came. 

I swear I was going to ask about him, but the food looked delicious and I was distracted by it. I just love food. I guess I should've added to my list: Obsessed with eating. I took a bite, and it was delicious. 

"What do you think about Barça, now that you got to see us playing a few times?" He asked. I swallowed my food and scrunched my nose.

"In all honesty, I hate how you all play. Sometimes it's good to slow the game down a bit, but your offensive side needs to be a tiny bit more aggressive. Like Real Madrid." I smiled a little thinking about my team and ate a fry.

Neymar shook his head, "We weren't on our best game tonight."

"I sure hope so." I muttered. "It was pretty painful to see you guys get beat by that team. You should be dominating them."

"I thought we were going to be too." he said.

"Leo should've passed on that play by the net. Would've been a goal and boosted your team's confidence up." I remarked. He raised his eyebrows and nodded hard.

"I know! Would've been beautiful! But I don't think Leo trusts me sometimes."

"Then show him he needs to! Show him you can do whatever he can do." I said. "It's simple. Just like Bale had to prove himself to Ronaldo. Although it didn't take long, since Cris is flexible. But Jesus Christ Leo needs to pass." I said. I should probably stop there.

"I know what your talking about. Real Madrid is a fun team to watch."

"We're opposites, you see. Madrid goes hard offensively while you go hard defensively. That's why the two teams are a weird mix." I explained, picking up my burger and taking another big bite. Practice is in an hour, and we need to get there. It was an extra because Gerardo was extremely upset with how they played. I think everyone was. 

|Practice|

I walked onto the pitch with Neymar and we played pass for a bit, until Gerard and Leo came and joined for a two on two, Neyar and I against them. We ended up winning 4-3 before Gerardo came.

"We won! Haha!" I fist bumped Neymar and Leo stuck his tongue out at me. I smiled innocently.

"If only you guys can play like that in a real game." Gerardo said angrily as we all joined in a large circled with the other coaches. "A decision has been made to change this team. It took a lot of convincing and paperwork, but in the past three hours, we've been on the phone none-stop with the league." He said. A couple people look curious, some nervous and all mostly confused. Including myself.

"For the first time in history, a women is playing in the men division, for Barcelona. Only if she accepts, of course." He looked towards me. "Serena, we would like to invite you to play as a midfielder on the wing. Do you accept?" It feels like every head turned towards me.

"Is this even allowed?" I asked.

"It is now." He said. I was utterly speechless. This isn't supposed to happen! I am a Real Madrid girl! I can't put on the Barça jersey. I would get murdered by my boys. But if uncle knew I turned this down, he would have a hissy fit.

"Alright, I guess." I managed to get out and everyone clapped. I high fived Neymar, Leo and Xavi, Gerard pulling me into a hug and Gerardo giving me a handshake. 

"Your uncle will be very proud. A press conference will be held tomorrow before your first game, the on you'll be starting." He smiled. I was still at a loss for words. "Let's get this practice started, okay?" 

A/N: I know this is really impossible, but I swear, I have a plan! Tell me what you think! :)